LegacyGT.com

Production numbers of 2007 Spec B ?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wouldn't consider it rare if you could have got it by simply ordering one. having only 500 made, and then waiting to get one and have them run out due to high demand, i would call that "rare."

on the issuse of press, when i went to buy my GT in early 06, they had a spec b in the show room. i said, cool what's that, he showed it to me and i said what's the difference between that and my GT Limited? he said the seats and the MT. i said nothing under the hood?? he goes nope, just about 3K more on the sticker. i said "no, thanks, see ya."

i think the spec b could be the most dissapointing "special trim" car i've ever seen from ANY manufacturer. Even those Eddie Bauer trims bring something to the table.

It's not about speed, it's about acceleration!

I am very happy with my 06 spec B purchase. If I do any suspension work it will only be sway bars I doubt I will do that I love the nav rear view camera and my red leather interior. I picked this car with money not being an option over the 07 spec b, bmw, lexus, acura, etc.. I will say that the 08 bmw with turbos hadn't been released yet but I am still not sure I wouldn't have went with the subby but odds are the beamer would have won then.

i wouldn't consider it rare if you could have got it by simply ordering one. having only 500 made, and then waiting to get one and have them run out due to high demand, i would call that "rare."

on the issuse of press, when i went to buy my GT in early 06, they had a spec b in the show room. i said, cool what that, he showed it me, i said what's the difference between that and my GT Limited? he said the seats and the MT. i said nothing under the hood?? he goes nope, just about 3K more on the sticker. i said "no, thanks, see ya."

i think the spec b could be the most dissapointing "special trim" car i've ever seen from ANY manufacturer. Even those Eddie Bauer trims bring something to the table.

He forgot to say wheels, suspension goodies, and standard navi.

lol

i wouldn't consider it rare if you could have got it by simply ordering one.

What a logic. :rolleyes: Rare is what is... hardest to find, period (it's not the same what "desireable" or "in demand").

There were some muscle cars, not sure exactly which, like Challanger or Barracuda that were regular production units and could be simply ordered. It happened that some fancy engine/trim combo was "simply ordered" by only few folks and now they uber rare uber valuable collectibles.

He forgot to say wheels, suspension goodies, and standard navi.

it's not "standard" if you are paying more to get it. there is a nav option on pretty much every car. you want it, it's another 1,500 - 2,000 more for it. Different wheels cost subaru nothing, they are still 17" rims.

i'll give you the improved suspension, but my point is a bigger one. The difference from a WRX to an STI should have been the goal for the spec b. maybe it's too much to ask, but at least call it a "Limited Plus" trim package or something, and not give the impression that you number something 1 to 500 and it's automatically more desirable.

sorry if i offended any spec b owners, it was just my initial impression of it vs the LGT Limited and not much (if anything) has changed in 3 model years.

if the better dyno runs on stock spec b's is actually true, then i take it all back :lol:

It's not about speed, it's about acceleration!

it's not "standard" if you are paying more to get it. there is a nav option on pretty much every car. you want it, it's another 1,500 - 2,000 more for it. Different wheels cost subaru nothing, they are still 17" rims.

i'll give you the improved suspension, but my point is a bigger one. The difference from a WRX to an STI should have been the goal for the spec b. maybe it's too much to ask, but at least call it a "Limited Plus" trim package or something, and not give the impression that you number something 1 to 500 and it's automatically more desirable.

sorry if i offended any spec b owners, it was just my initial impression of it vs the LGT Limited and not much (if anything) has changed in 3 model years.

if the better dyno runs on stock spec b's is actually true, then i take it all back :lol:

Let me clear something up, with the spec B:

1. you get 18" wheels (not 17")

2. You get Navi with a manual

3. You get very good Bilstien Shocks

4. You get aluminum lower control arms

5. You get much, much, much better tires

6 You get a 6 speed in the 07's and up

Everything else is a bs (unique interior, nice pedals, etc.)

• 4 weeks later...

I just want to point this out. I didn't realize the level of performance the spec.B tires have. The grip is incredible.

The tires are Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires... the same variation of tire is found on: Infiniti G35, Porsche 911 Turbo, a few Mercs/bwms, and various F-cars including the Enzo.

The tires were the biggest surprise for me on this car. And the wet grip isn't that great so you can still have fun when its wet :D

They run about $150-200 per tire just for reference.

lol

I just want to point this out. I didn't realize the level of performance the spec.B tires have. The grip is incredible.

The tires are Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires... the same variation of tire is found on: Infiniti G35, Porsche 911 Turbo, a few Mercs/bwms, and various F-cars including the Enzo.

The tires were the biggest surprise for me on this car. And the wet grip isn't that great so you can still have fun when its wet :D

They run about $150-200 per tire just for reference.

Also Lexus IS, Honda S2000. I have some co-workers with those cars. We all park in a group so that we know we won't get any door dings...

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Also Lexus IS, Honda S2000. I have some co-workers with those cars. We all park in a group so that we know we won't get any door dings...

hehe... I always look for nice cars in parking lots... I know the respect goes both ways :)

lol

• 2 weeks later...
Another reason why the 06 Spec.B is the real deal.

There is no 'real deal' i'm sick of all the discriminatory talk, the 06s are not, neither are the 07s, or the 08s, they're all fine in their own way

on the issuse of press, when i went to buy my GT in early 06, they had a spec b in the show room. i said, cool what's that, he showed it to me and i said what's the difference between that and my GT Limited? he said the seats and the MT. i said nothing under the hood?? he goes nope, just about 3K more on the sticker. i said "no, thanks, see ya."

And the 06 Spec. does have more under the hood as has been shown by published times, drag slips and a dyno result. The 07 also has a dyno indicating more as well.

And the 06 Spec. does have more under the hood as has been shown by published times, drag slips and a dyno result. The 07 also has a dyno indicating more as well.

You give owners a bad rep because of your arrogance and inability to differentiate between fact and myth.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65468&highlight=attn+owners

lol

1. you get 18" wheels (not 17")

2. You get Navi with a manual

3. You get very good Bilstien Shocks

4. You get aluminum lower control arms

6 You get a 6 speed in the 07's and up

Everything else is a bs (unique interior, nice pedals, etc.)

Off black leather trimmed upholstery w/black alcantara inserts

Height-adjustable 8-way pwr driver seat w/adjustable lumbar support & Driver seat memory

Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC)

Torsen limited slip rear differential

I think the alcantara is a nice feature (not BS), especially now that its black. The driver's seat memory should be standard, but it isn't. VDC (and Navi) only available on the SpecB if you want MT.

Just wanted to round out the list of what's different...

Cheers

:munch:

You give owners a bad rep because of your arrogance and inability to differentiate between fact and myth.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65468&highlight=attn+owners

Dyno results for both OEM 06 and 07 Spec.Bs are not myths. Neither are the drag slip times or published 0-60 and 1/4 mile times of the 06. Dispelling myth by means of fact is kind of a hobby of mine.

Dyno results for both OEM 06 and 07 Spec.Bs are not myths. Neither are the drag slip times or published 0-60 and 1/4 mile times of the 06. Dispelling myth by means of fact is kind of a hobby of mine.

why don't you just be happy in your knowledge and give it a rest for a while.

^ myth buster. :) bosco

He's not a mythbuster because he has provided no experimental evidence for anything. All of his evidence has been obtained and skewed through the internet... which is not a reliable source, by any means.

lol

Archived