LegacyGT.com

6 disk upgrade in a 2.5i???

06jax2.5se

I recently won a 2005 LGT 6 disk cd changer and automatic climate control on ebay for $100. I figured that i could switch the 2 cd players out with fairly little work but soon after starting to take them apart i realized that it would be harder than i thought.

I have a 2006 2.5se with manual climate control and a single cd player, so of corse the "LOAD" button isnt there which i need. I then tought of cutting the circit board from the LGT in 2 pieces pretty much throwing away the auto climate controls and using the top part in my manual climat control piece but i soon found out that it would be harder to do and i run the risk of cutting off needed soilder runs. Then i started thinking about just upgrading to auto climate control but i then went over to my friends house and took apart his LGT's dash and come to find out there is another wiring harness that is spliced into the regular one to make the climate control work.

I am pretty much at a loss right now.....anyone have any ideas how i can get a 6 disk to work in my car and keep the manual climate controls?????

Shit. Buy a double din aftermarket head unit with NAV, the single din kit from crutchfield, have an audio shop open it up to double din and call it a day. What some of us GT owners would do to have the manual HVAC controls.

Archived