LegacyGT.com

LEGACY GT Spec B WINS Lime Rock Grand American Race..

Phoenixlegacy

well on the grand am web site they don't say what race, but hopefully they will show some of the ST race. It is Speed TV so I'm guessing that the number of cameras will be limited, I'm sure they don't have the budget for to much equipment.

Congrats!

I miss the old Speedvision..... We might have been able to see it live and they would repeat multiple times during the week.

Howevever, the supposed broadcast is bad timing for me, since I'll probably be coming out of the track at the Montreal GP.

I'll have to use the old PVR to record and see if we get some Subaru Road Racing action.

Hopefully, Subaru puts some real factory/political support behind these cars.

Wow are you sure, because there were no cameras on sat there. You sure its not the GS race?

+1 no cameras but I think that Monday's races were televised (or recorded).

I see you are from Yorktown...im from Somers.

well on the grand am web site they don't say what race, but hopefully they will show some of the ST race. It is Speed TV so I'm guessing that the number of cameras will be limited, I'm sure they don't have the budget for to much equipment.

I wish there was too, but im 99.9% sure there will be no ST footage from this memorial day's races.

Yup...im from yorktown...born and raised.

So what is the difference between the Koni and the Rolex race?

The koni are more production based then the rolex. The cars drivetrains are almost stock. They can modify the suspension but that's about it. Last year the Legacy's were running pretty much exactly the drivetrain you would get from the dealer except they had to turn the boost on the turbo down slightly. NOt sure if any ruule changes effected them for this year, like if they finally let them take off the mufflers.

The koni are more production based then the rolex. The cars drivetrains are almost stock. They can modify the suspension but that's about it. Last year the Legacy's were running pretty much exactly the drivetrain you would get from the dealer except they had to turn the boost on the turbo down slightly. NOt sure if any ruule changes effected them for this year, like if they finally let them take off the mufflers.

Cool, thanks a lot Legacy Bob.

One more question: so in the Koni challenge, what is the difference between the GS class and the ST class?

It looks like just a HP difference between classes?

The difference is performance based. You couldn't expect a legacy to keep up with a 911 on the track. They try to keep the cars on even footing. It might take them a while but they eventually evne things out. Last year the Cobalts where running away with everything, but towards the end of the season they made some changes to make them even with the other cars. THey weren't to happy about it but its hard to say you didn't have an advantage when the 2 coballts placed 1st and 2nd in almost every race before the change.

Archived