LegacyGT.com

Recall?

Rexmobbin

what i meant by "another one" was that i had two for the WRX, i've had the car for about 1.5months, and now i got a recall on the Leg. i don't know what it's for yet. usually SOA sends a descriptive letter with the notice explaining it. no such letter this time. i was checking to see if anyone knows what it's for. i'm gonna go in Friday and get it checked out. while i'm there, i'm also gonna have them look at my faulty trunk and my cocked steering wheel. maybe that reverse "clunking" sound also. damn, i have quite a few issues with this car already. :( still love it though.

Couldnt find anything about it on the internet. but rex you mentioned something about an appointment? did your dealer call you and address you the problem or what exactly? if your dealer did, I guess you can just ask him and let us know.

hmm...this could be interesting. Sounds like its limited to a select few. Your off-center wheel is just an alignment issue. I had the same problem and it turned out that the toe of 3 wheels was out of spec. The issues weve seen are incorrect fluid levels (low engine oil, power steering, MT gear oil), and the airbag light staying on. At this time, in most cases the light cannot be shut off. There are only 6 Select monitor cartridges in the country that can shut it off and they are being rotated between over 600 dealers!

I'm guessing this is probably old news, but this was the only recall I could find and it's from back in June. Results : 1 | All records displayed Make : SUBARU Model : LEGACY Year : 2005 Manufacturer : SUBARU OF AMERICA, INC. NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 04V274000 Recall Date : JUN 04, 2004 Component: AIR BAGS:SIDE/WINDOW Potential Number Of Units Affected : 1987

Mike, Yes, they will fix it free of charge. Call asap to set up an appointment, at least for the alignment, because we share the alignment rack with the chevy side and they use it quite a bit over there. Its been kinda slow lately so I'm pretty sure they could get you in Friday. Jim

alright, here's the story. the recall was referring to my WRX that i traded in 6 weeks ago. guess the dealer's a little slow updating their records;) anywho, got an appointment for the alignment and trunk for tomorrow morning (tuesday) so hopefully those'll be non-issues in about 24 hours from now.

Archived