LegacyGT.com

N. NJ-alignment,mount,and bal...

The Don

need a good place to get my tires mounted and bal. then a 4 wheel alignment

Im in the paramus area

Hey, it's been a while :)

Whitetiger knows of a place that does good work when it comes to alignments. I don't know exactly where it is but close to GWB I think, but you should probably ask him about it.

Performance wheel & tire in on rt 17 sputh in ridgewood is where i go to get my alignments. They do setups for track cars so they should be good enought for you. ;)

Should being the operative word. I had a bad experience with them....

How so? everyone i know including me has had good experances. what did they do that was no good?

The alignment guy, didn't center the wheel. So it was always slightly cocked to the right. 2x he claimed to have corrected it, and it wasn't. On the 3rd time as guy says to go drive with him to show him. I clearly said the wheel was crooked, but the car drove straight. Well, his diagnosis was I had a defective tire, and to get it replaced. I went back to my tire installer, and with enough harrassement had it replaced. Guess what, that wasn't the problem, So now I had a 10/32" tire on the LF, and all other's at 8/32". I needed to keep the new tire on the front because it is the only open diff n the car. When I returned with the new tire, they still did not center the wheel:spin: !!! So I thanked them, and swore I would never go there again!

The alignment guy, didn't center the wheel. So it was always slightly cocked to the right. 2x he claimed to have corrected it, and it wasn't. On the 3rd time as guy says to go drive with him to show him. I clearly said the wheel was crooked, but the car drove straight. Well, his diagnosis was I had a defective tire, and to get it replaced. I went back to my tire installer, and with enough harrassement had it replaced. Guess what, that wasn't the problem, So now I had a 10/32" tire on the LF, and all other's at 8/32". I needed to keep the new tire on the front because it is the only open diff n the car. When I returned with the new tire, they still did not center the wheel:spin: !!! So I thanked them, and swore I would never go there again!

strange, ive had no problems there, nor have any of my friends. this was on my 540, and all the e39 guys swear by performance. guess yours was a one off experience, which can happen at any place...

i've been to precision a few times. first couple were good, last one wasn't. but the guy that did the alignment wasn't there the first few times, so i'm not sure what was going on.

• 2 weeks later...
Precision Tire & Wheel used to be good while Scott was running the place. Now it's some other dude, and the alignment guy is not the same guy. Last time I went to Anita Tire near me in Rivervale, seems to be a decent place. Wherever you end up, do not go to Stafford Tire on Rt.3 - last time I was there, they put the nuts on by hand just a few turns and let me drive off the ramp. By the time I made it to the curb, three out of five nuts were off the car. No apology was offered, they just tightened the nuts and off I went. That was one of the events that sent me the DIY route.

we just got the newest hunter alignment machine a few weeks ago and we have a no touch mouting machine also, pm me if ya want to do it

Does that machine have cross beams, or the laser aligned panels from a central station.

dang. you guys live in the same neighborhood as me. I just picked up my 08 legacy gt.. and i want to make some comparisons with your 07 and down models.. I wanna see if the engine compartment are exactly the same so that i can use the same aftermarket parts.. also make some exterior comparison (ie, grill, fog lamp, etc.)..

maybe we should meet up. Oh and i was wondering who it is that always drive down the block in front of my house every morning in a Black LGT, all blacked out. on kinderkamak Rd.

Archived