LegacyGT.com

Official 1/4 Mile Time List Discussion Thread

rao

going to the track for the first time with the LGT.

I'm going to try mid/high 30psi fronts/low 40psi rears for tire pressure

blip the throttle and slip the clutch @ green, once it grabs then hammer it.

06 5spd

stage 1

track is basically sea level

a friend with a stock wrx ran 13.4 best 2 weeks ago.

what should i expect (assuming good launching/driving)?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bandimere Speedway, 5860' elevation, DA today superb (for this track) 6085ft.

Despite the great 45-50F track conditions, I only hit 1 of my 3 goals today. I left very frustrated after 5 runs. I encountered the same problem I did last time I went drag racing... the car hits a wall at 109-110mph and loses power. Big time. I kept forgetting to log but I did get one good log and it is very interesting. I think the problem might be too much timing around 5800-6000rpms and/or possible TMIC heatsoak. 2nd and 3rd gear don't complain but 4th gear just chokes up. I get to 5800rpms in 4th at around 11.5-11.6 seconds at around 110mph and just stay there the whole last second... briefly hitting 112mph and 5900rpms kind of coasting the last 50-100'. Real bummer.

Think it would be hitting 113's all day if I could get ever get across the finish without limping. And my good run would have been a 12.3x for sure, maybe 12.2x. Should coulda woulda. Oh well. Pretty obvious though... only gained 22mph on the back half! Last time I went drag racing in October in similar conditions I was gaining 25mph in the back half (and I was hitting that "wall" then too, actually).

http://beeez.com/lgt/1243at111.jpg

Anyhow, I got a new best 60' and new best e.t. but my traps sucked. And I was very inconsistent. This was my last day at the dragstrip. I'm done. At least for this year.

Best run was my second run... 12.43 @ 111.1mph on a 1.780 60', but I lost power.. :mad:

So, instead, let's talk about my 1/8 mile e.t. and trap... 7.98 @ 89.1mph rocks! Sub 8-seconds. Cool. :cool: Not bad for track elevation of 5860' and for having 3 degrees of timing pulled FLKC from my first run.

1st run: 13.07 @ 112.03 mph - This was my first run with my new tires and I wasn't sure how my launch was going to be. Ran 38f/42r like I usually do. Apparently I was the first AWD car to run today because they had sprayed down the ENTIRE staging area with water. (Usually you can just go around to keep the tires dry). Well, I had to go through it. I got a bad 2.09 60' thanks to a pretty impressive AWD smokey burnout that left me spinning instead of moving. I've never seen so much smoke in my rear view mirror and think I smoked 'em well into 2nd gear. I check my LV prior to this run and all FLKC was zero, as usual. About 100' before the finish, I felt the car lose power and a little popping/rumbling in the exhaust. I pulled a LV after the run and saw -3.03 in a single cell (2.6-3.2g/rev by 5400-6200rpms). I was very frustrated and I've seen this before, but only at the dragstrip around 110mph. I was tempted to clear the ecu because I really didn't want to race with 3 degrees less timing in my peak powerband, but figured I'd better let it go so I don't blow the motor the next time I hit 110mph.

If anyone cares, I ran this through the dragtimes.com DA calculator and converter and it "corrects" to 12.02 @ 114.82mph. Also, my previous best was 12.49@112mph in 89F temps (DA 10,108) which "corrects" to a little better time.

FYI, mods are in my sig. Original stock block, stock location turbo/TMIC.

Here is a log snippet from a launch (not my good launch, but an average one). Note the wheel spin in first gear - tires moving at 60mph 1 second after the start. I like a lot of wheel spin to ease the pain on my drivetrain, but this launch probably had a little too much.

http://beeez.com/lgt/wheelspin2.jpg

Edited by Legend

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

• 1 month later...
I like how I'm running quicker than a lot of guys running FMIC's with built engines at low altitudes. I've got E85 on my side to help combat 5860' track altitude. My mods are simple, stock block, stock headers, stock location TMIC and thing screams to 1/8 mile (sub 8.0 at 89mph is moving!) but chokes up top. Heatsoak! Think it would have 12.2x @ 113-114mph if I didn't lose power every run with 100' to go. Also, my setup shows that 20g's don't have anything over the bolt-on BNR68 up top where it counts on the track.

Don't get too excited just yet over how poorly my 20g did! :D

My car was tuned for 91 octane before the engine was broken in (334whp/322wtq is a bit low for a billet 20g) because I told EFI I had to drive across the country within days of finishing my car. Also, it's not exactly running right when the cutout is open.

I just went to the track for a baseline run before infamous gets my tune finished, and I was surprised that it even hit those times.

FWIW, I picked up 6mph in the 1/4 once I opened the cutout... :cool:

Don't get too excited just yet over how poorly my 20g did! :D

I've had no problem with 20g's up here either on the dragstrip or dyno but yeah you're right was surprised to see a built motor FMIC 20G near sea level slower than me. :lol: But I agree you've got better e.t.'s in your future for sure. I'll be more interested in your traps. What fuel will you be using? Do you have a thread or pictures about your cutout? I'm interested in seeing that. Keep up the good work, buddy, and post your slips again. ;)

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

My motor just has a mildly beefed up bottom end; no work was done to improve head flow or increase power. I'll be sticking with 92 octane, since the nearest e85 station is about 60 miles away. I would have gone with the HTA68 myself if I had e85 available; the TD06-20g 8cm is too laggy for me. At least on this current tune. :)

Honestly, I was expecting 12.8's @ 110 with the current setup, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the times I got. I can't wait til infamous sends me my tune, so I can hit up the dyno on the 11th, then the strip again on the 24th.

I'll put a thread about the cutout with some pics in the intake/exhaust section later today if I get a chance. I love it so far...

I ran 12.30 @ 112 mph on my 08 STI with built motor, 20G-8cm and still TMIC. That was on 22 psi and 90 oct + Torco. We had planned to jack up the boost to 28 psi and that should have gotten me into the 11's easy. Then I got pissed at my car, took it back to stock and sold it all. :lol: oh well.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Went to the track this weekend for the first time with the legacy. Best time of 13.40 That was on 17psi, 93oct,DW300 and fmic. Definitly needs to pratice on launching or just get lauch control.

• 1 month later...

Gonna be going to the track on the 17th hopefully to earn the title of californias fastest outback. Aiming for below a 13.5 at the sacramento drags.

Any idea what i should run with these mods?

Cnt catted dp

Gutted up

Cobb intake/box

Ebay exhaust

Racerx fmic

Roughly 19psi dropping to 12.5 at redline.

^^^ Are you protuned or running an OTS map? My protuned stg2 LGT ran the numbers in my sig using cobb's launch control and FFS on the stock clutch. It started slipping on the way home from the track, though. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Well the numbers are in.

Best run of the night was a 13.620 @ 99.4 mph.

Which was faster than a srt8 charger with exhaust and tune (13.666) His best run

And as another comparison there was a stage 2 sti there that was consistant mid 13s and his best run was a 13.4x. So I wasnt too far off from him.

All in all I had a good fun time. And was surprised really how much faster my outback was than a lot of the other cars.

• 4 weeks later...
Next time you race just line up next to a Honda or a stock Mustang and all of a sudden your car is fast!

lol, yea maybe a 1990 non-vtec civic with an intake...

My bolt-on n/a rsx ran 14.2 @100mph with a HORRIBLE launch (2.35).

I/h/e tuned. That's it.

Hondas are slow in straight lines, everyone except honda fans know this

Tell that to the guy with a stage 3 lgt that couldn't even pull better times than my old rsx when all it had was an intake! :lol::lol::lol:

I agree though, Honda's are slow:( I enjoyed mine though and I made it somewhat respectable. I could have easily pulled lowish 13's with slicks... with just bolt-ons. FWD sucks balls though.

Tell that to the guy with a stage 3 lgt that couldn't even pull better times than my old rsx when all it had was an intake! :lol::lol::lol:

I agree though, Honda's are slow:( I enjoyed mine though and I made it somewhat respectable. I could have easily pulled lowish 13's with slicks... with just bolt-ons. FWD sucks balls though.

Thats the drivers fault not the car ;), You can enjoy slow cars, I have. Hell the first couple hundred races I was ever in was when I was driving around a GMC Jimmy 4.3 liter v6. Got it to run a 15.2 after a cold air intake, throttle body spacer, exhaust.

Edited by 05GT Guru

• 5 months later...