LegacyGT.com

Rearended by an H3

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JDM rear bumper.....and you "pain & suffering" is probably worth the value of a JDM front bumper too ;)

Damn i forgot about that!!! I did get the SPT though. Pain and suffering for mine was just shy of 3k. My part of the SPT was 500.00

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Glad to hear you're OK. That kind of hit can mess you up. Sorry to see the damage to your baby.

Subaru vs. SUV/Truck is one of the rare circumstances where it's an advantage to be in an OB. When a Toyota Tundra rear-ended my wife's OBXT, the Outback took it 100% bumper-to-bumper. No frame damage, no fender damage, no tailgate damage. The LGT would have had the back third crushed, as your's was.

I hope it gets better soon.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

I'm sorry to see that, word of advice go get checked out, I still have pain over 2 years later from my accidents. I was rear ended 3 times in my MSP when I had it, yes I said 3 times. All 3 times I was fully stopped at a red light when I got hit. I swear some people just dont pay attention, falling asleep is one thing, but being fully awake and on a cell phone messing with your kids in the back is another lol. I still have a lot of back and shoulder pain, to the point when its cold out I can barely get out of bed b.c I am so stiff. The car can be fixed, you cant so make sure you are ok .

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

I brought my 06 Impreza in after a pretty decently big accident with a Suburban running a stop sign. The shop is R&R in Irwindale. Got referred there from my friend with an Elise who got his cars fixed there. They also worked on his SEMA car and their Lambo's and things like that. They're not expensive either. Let me know if want their info too. Hope all is well.

2007 OBP Legacy 2.5GT 5MT -

vBGarage

2001 SSM 3.2CL Type-S

The damage will come in the form of her insurance premium hike.

If the H3 was hers, chances are mom and dad wont be too concerned if insurance goes up. Thats how it was with a kid at my highschool. He had an escalade and a horrible driving record.

Wow that sucks.... freaking young drivers with too much money and no understanding of how to drive piss me off.

Anyway glad you wheren't seriously hurt but do get yourself checked out. Even if it turns out nothing is worng better to be safe than sorry. Besides medical costs will be covered by insurance.

I would have ripped her a new one. 8am and she was falling asleep? Does she have a real job that requires her to be alert at that time of day? No excuse, zero. If you are that tired, you shouldn't be on the road. God, seeing an OBP LGT just makes it too easy to visualize what my car would look like if some jackass in a SUV hit me.

Thanks all, I definitely feel the love! :)

I woke up sore as expected and battled through it all day. I just missed a couple of days of work because yellowtail were biting, so I was just buried at the office. :mad: Called my doc and she advised that I ice up and stay off the computer until I can schedule time to see her.

bdisco, you must watch alot of CSI? She was very cute, but crying. I wanted to do bad things to her :icon_twis , but the crying was too much for me. I pretty much let her off and waited for the cop to do his thing.

She was a student at Cal Poly and had been up all night studying. She was just too much of a nice girl to have been sleepy from partying all night. Regardless, if she can't stay awake, she should have pulled over. She's lucky I was able to stop her before the freeway change, it would have been far worse if she went off the road.

She had insurance and everything should be handled as far as repairs. I will get to the doc tomorrow, but should I see an attorney? There is no doubt this is 100% her fault, and I'm sore and concerned about both my health and the future resale value of my car. I believe this should be compensated for, but I also do not want to be a part of the broken system.

What are your thoughts? Many have said to see an attorney, but what am I suing for?

Thanks all, I definitely feel the love! :)

I woke up sore as expected and battled through it all day. I just missed a couple of days of work because yellowtail were biting, so I was just buried at the office. :mad: Called my doc and she advised that I ice up and stay off the computer until I can schedule time to see her.

bdisco, you must watch alot of CSI? She was very cute, but crying. I wanted to do bad things to her :icon_twis , but the crying was too much for me. I pretty much let her off and waited for the cop to do his thing.

She was a student at Cal Poly and had been up all night studying. She was just too much of a nice girl to have been sleepy from partying all night. Regardless, if she can't stay awake, she should have pulled over. She's lucky I was able to stop her before the freeway change, it would have been far worse if she went off the road.

She had insurance and everything should be handled as far as repairs. I will get to the doc tomorrow, but should I see an attorney? There is no doubt this is 100% her fault, and I'm sore and concerned about both my health and the future resale value of my car. I believe this should be compensated for, but I also do not want to be a part of the broken system.

What are your thoughts? Many have said to see an attorney, but what am I suing for?

the pain and suffering part.

When I had my accident I was driving someone else's car. Lady turned into me, her fault. But my mom freaked out (i was 17) because it wasnt our car, so she got a lawyer. If it wasnt for lawyer's recommendation for me to get my neck checked out, i would probably have pain today.

anyway, i went to chiro, got some pain and suffering money.

If it HADNT been for the lawyer i would have a neck problem, and the only money that I would have gotten would have been towards fixing the car only.

although it seems you're more on top of things than me when i was 17.. so decide whether or not you need a lawyer.

car for sale. PM me!

Also don't forget about diminished value. If there is frame damage to the car, even if it is corrected to 100% (as it should be) there is often up to 20% of the value of the car that can be claimed as DV. I've been through it. It took me 13 months, but the insurance company will eventually come through.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Also don't forget about diminished value. If there is frame damage to the car, even if it is corrected to 100% (as it should be) there is often up to 20% of the value of the car that can be claimed as DV. I've been through it. It took me 13 months, but the insurance company will eventually come through.

In some cases, even if there is no frame damage, you can claim for DV. Since your car is so new, you can claim quite a bit for DV. If there is any sign of overspray, misaligned panels, etc. Anything that wasn't like how it was originally before the accident, you can claim that as DV since your car is no longer in its original condition. Find an experienced DV lawyer, as most don't even know where to begin. Sorry, I don't really know of any personally, but you can do a search on google and see what you come up with. Good luck!

2007 OBP Legacy 2.5GT 5MT -

vBGarage

2001 SSM 3.2CL Type-S

i mean they are so rugged right? i mean its a hummer? a millitary vehicel with built in ipod interface and sirrus sat radio! lol:spin:

well i hope you feal better tomorrow and the hummer gets totaled;)

An H3 is a warmed over Chevrolet Colorado with an anemic 5 cylider engine. They look rugged. Our Subaru rear ends are soft.

I recommand Alvin's in long beach. They do all the work for Timmons Subaru and few other dealers in the area.

They did a great job on my car and guys there are real straight shooters.

I bought my car from Timmons. They mounted the front plate 3 inches off center. They directed me to Alvin's to replace the front bumper. After watching one of Alvin's employees try to get my front bumper cover off for 20 minutes, I accepted a cash payment from Timmons.

Archived