LegacyGT.com

Want coilovers to raise car for dirt roads.

Piripi

Hello

I was wondering if i could raise the car above stock height with coilovers??

which one would raise it more.

We go hiking very often and sometimes, well everytime we touch with some stone or branch. I was also thinking in getting some whatever rims with a tough tire for peace of mind.:lol: Maybe some outback wheels and tires. The woman doesnt want an Outback for everyday driving so im looking for options for those dirt days.

Cheers

You can get the Megan Racing Outback specific coilovers. They will fit an LGT just fine. With these you can have stock LGT height or you can raise your height to Stock OB height.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

Is it actually practical to adjust ride height with coilovers in the morning and evening on a day when you're going to hike?

I've never owned a set, but I kinda assumed it would take hours, not minutes, to raise and lower the car. Am I right or am I wrong? Is there any room to use the adjustment wrench while the coilovers are on the car?

Is it actually practical to adjust ride height with coilovers in the morning and evening on a day when you're going to hike?

I'm on the side that it wouldn't be very practical, as it does take a bit of time. The ride height on my coilovers was adjusted while they were installed on the car, but it's not something I would want to do often. But, since the o.p. will also be switching wheels each time, my definition of "practical" might be different. ;)

-Mike-

I've never owned a set, but I kinda assumed it would take hours, not minutes, to raise and lower the car. Am I right or am I wrong? Is there any room to use the adjustment wrench while the coilovers are on the car?

It only takes about 45 minutes to adjust the ride height at all 4 corners. Not super quick, but easy to do and not too time consuming.

thanks a lot. I found a set of wheels 16 inch with a big sidewall, that should help a lot. I'll be looking for coilovers too.

She should of gotten an Outback i know. I could not convince her to get the Outback.

It only takes about 45 minutes to adjust the ride height at all 4 corners. Not super quick, but easy to do and not too time consuming.

C'mon... not after they get rusted and all....

It would be much faster to swap the entire suspension. It's an hour after you get hang of it ;) Anyway good bye wheel alignment each time.

hmmm i guess i have to say bye bye to those cheap 16's. Im going to try get some 17 with a tall side wall to be able go a little more confortably on dirt roads, i dont care for speedo. And i will go from there.

Archived