LegacyGT.com

Racial issue

Guest *Jedimaster*

Guest *Jedimaster*
No Thread Preview for you! [I mean racing :D I was out picking up some Olive Garden tonight when this newer style Honda Accord V6 sedan pulls up next to me- of course, I showed him the tails in short order. But at the next light, I screwed up my take off and bogged big time- to the point of almost stalling. So naturally, the thing to do is put the gas pedal down until you bounce off the rev limiter a few times. Then you miss your shift to second. Well, with all this trouble I could barely keep my front fender ahead of him :rolleyes: . By 3rd, I was making him go bye bye very quickly however. Damn that 3rd gear is nice! Anyway, I know a Honda isn't much of a kill, but I was amazed that bogging and screwing up like I did made me that much slower!]

question, i've only been out of break-in for a few days and i haven't really had the pleasure of my ego kicking in at a stop light yet, but when i hear these stories, i wonder how would a 5EAT compare to the MT in a 0-60 ? i'm asking before i'm searching, so if i find some specs, i'll answer my own question.

You must have been racing a 1998-2002 Accord V6. Those don't have any torque and only 200 HP (I should know I had one). A heavily modded one (supercharger, smaller boost pulley, ect) would run about 14.5 sec quarter mile. A 2003+ Accord V6 are much better and run 14.5 sec quarter mile stock. The Comptech supercharger for this car isn't out yet...

I don't know why everyone gets excited to the point of pleasuring themselves over Hondas for. Is there something I'm missing? Is it that lovely 4-cyl engine, is it the low amounts of torque, is it the 4 door grandma sedan with the fart pipes, or the 3 foot high wing for massive amounts of down thrust on a slow FWD car? What is it? - Mike

honda does suck and some honda owners are so stupid, $15,000 civic + $15,000 in mods = price of a GT for a sort of a car with every warranty voided, the look on their face when the tranny is blown on a 2 year old car and the dealer is not going to pay, PRICELESS

Okay, so I admit it. I had a '98 EX-V6 coupe. It had a killer sound system (PPI, Alpine, MBQuart - all stealth installed in the trunk floor), Alpine alarm with remote start and window control, factory body kit, debadged except black chrome 'H' emblems, Eibach springs, Dunlop SP9000s, strut bar and AEM intake. It was a great car for back then, but I (finally) graduated and bought my first Scooby two weeks ago (after many cars in between, mostly old Honda's).

MVC-0001small.jpg.fb9a0bb6ca449aa5081aba2695046f4b.jpg

MVC-0003small.jpg.2d31d58907f487847480131b3b17c404.jpg

MVC-0004small.jpg.af9b7ca40b3de4f1ef34aed9ca5e57c7.jpg

[quote name='jonusparker']honda's crap[/QUOTE] crap it may be, but i dont dare race my bro's nsx. i also dont dare race his modded version 3 sti wrx wagon...it's beaten the latest version sti sedan! smokin fast!

The current Hondas being put out are an insult and a disgrace to the great Honda Motor Company of the 1980's and early 1990's. Once Soichiro Honda died and his right-hand man, Kawamoto resigned, they seemed to have gained a fetish for making truly mediocre automobiles. [quote name='jonusparker']honda just seem to have got downhill in australia, they r not going to have any 2 door hondas anymore and focus on family cars and people movers only![/QUOTE]

My brother had an '03 Civic Si (the one made in England) - besides being uderpowered, it was a fun car and handled well. My girlfriend and I had an '02 S2000 in my garage for six months this year while my buddy was in Afghanistan. I am not sure where you guys are getting this 'Honda builds crap' from. That is a sweet car and we would have bought one instead of my LGT if I wasn't 6'1".

[quote name='Xaqtly']The Civic Type R is a great car. We just don't get it in the US.[/QUOTE] THE USDM Si supposedly has the same suspension, just not the same motor as the CTR. If it did, RSX sales would drop.

I don't think they're crap, it's just that their cars like the Civic and the Accord aren't as fun to drive nor as class-dominating as they used to be, and as an old-school Honda fan, I can't help but be disappointed. [quote name='Patagonian GT']My brother had an '03 Civic Si (the one made in England) - besides being uderpowered, it was a fun car and handled well. My girlfriend and I had an '02 S2000 in my garage for six months this year while my buddy was in Afghanistan. I am not sure where you guys are getting this 'Honda builds crap' from. That is a sweet car and we would have bought one instead of my LGT if I wasn't 6'1".[/QUOTE]

[quote name='EyeFlyIsTheEye']I don't think they're crap, it's just that their cars like the Civic and the Accord aren't as fun to drive nor as class-dominating as they used to be, and as an old-school Honda fan, I can't help but be disappointed.[/QUOTE] Point taken. I sold this to use as the down payment on my LGT: [url]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/drhunter673/album?.dir=2afe&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/drhunter673/my_photos[/url] We did order a MINI Cooper S to replace it though.....the only thing on the market that comes close to the fun/price factor.

[quote name='Patagonian GT']We did order a MINI Cooper S to replace it though.....the only thing on the market that comes close to the fun/price factor.[/QUOTE] Awesome choice and great taste - I really like those Mini's. So you got pics of the Mini, what color did you get? What options did you get? - Mike

[quote name='godwhomismike']Awesome choice and great taste - I really like those Mini's. So you got pics of the Mini, what color did you get? What options did you get? - Mike[/QUOTE] We ordered it.....should arrive in two weeks or so. '05 Cooper S convertible, loaded with NAV, Sport Pkg (Xenons, 17"ers, etc) except the Lux pkg (though we got all the features, save the HK stereo). It is the new Cool Blue with Blue top and white racing stripes. Silver/black seats and body colored dash. I sold the CRX for the down payment on the LGT, traded the WRX wagon on the LGT (but used the cash for the payoff and down payment on the MINI). Next to sell is the '02 Wrangler after the MINI comes in - proceeds from that fund the mods on the LGT and MINI. I am sure we will use up the equity we have in a few minutes with what we can buy out there.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Patagonian GT']lol.....we may have sidejacked it. People were slamming Hondas. I was pointing out that they are decent cars, and I have a reference point as I own an LGT now. ;) Sorry 'bout that JM![/QUOTE] Nah, no biggie. JM doesn't get butt hurt about that stuff :)

[quote name='Patagonian GT']We ordered it.....should arrive in two weeks or so. '05 Cooper S convertible, loaded with NAV, Sport Pkg (Xenons, 17"ers, etc) except the Lux pkg (though we got all the features, save the HK stereo). It is the new Cool Blue with Blue top and white racing stripes. Silver/black seats and body colored dash. [/QUOTE] AWESOME!!!! I'm jeolous. You better post pics :D. I would've got the blue/black seats - but then again that's just me and I have a thing for blue - lol. Excellent choice man. Good choice in cars. - Mike

Archived