LegacyGT.com

How long to ship a legacy?

typically it's a 3 to 8 week wait (depending on the distribution and allocations per area) if you were to do the deposit-to-delivery date.. the car comes from La Feyette, Indiana (something like that) factory/assembly plant.. I can say that your car shouldn't take anymore than 1 to 2 weeks. Keefe
Keefe

My car was unloaded form train in Calif and put on a truck two weeks ago today. Computer shows truck on hold. This is the first bad experience I have had with Suby order. Build took four weeks, I was told to expect six. My dealer rep kept me posted on progress from VIN# to invoice to train, to truck and that is where the big black hole started. I should have been wrapping up my 1000 mile break in by now. My oldest son comes home from graduate school next week and I was hoping to have the break-in period complete so we could compare my new Leg GT with my son's BMW325iX MT wagon. My kids don't get why I bought a Leg GT and I am anxious for them to feel the 250 Turbo post break-in. Anyway, hope you have better luck with truck delivery phase.

• 4 weeks later...
wild stang (or anyone on this thread who special ordered in sept/oct), did your lgt come in yet? i think we both ordered ours at the same time from carr and i'm still waiting. partial vin's were given back in november, but my order seems to be in a black hole too (i'm in CA). the wait's been tough...

I picked up my LGT on Monday. I love it. The car had been sitting at the dealership for over a week before I was able to pick it up due to communication issues(no ones fault, just the way schedules worked out). Total wait time was 8 weeks for it to come in, 9 weeks till I picked it up.

Im picking mine up tomorrow. I checked the dealers inventory online and found a couple of dealerships with a car to fit my liking. The dealerships over here have pretty big inventories and it was easy to find a car I liked. I actually went to the dealership Tuesday Morning and place a binder down that night. I could have picked the car up today, but I had other things to do, so tomorrow is the day.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Call them and say "Is it in now?" Call a few hours later: "How about now?" Seriously, it's on its' way- who knows what these truckers do- I've ordered a few cars and every time they say it's on the way, it takes a long time- I think they take their sweet ass time or something.

That's sooo coool :-(:-(:-( You just offered me a glimpse of hope...I might ...I say I might just get the car in time for the summer travel ! I ordered it Monday 29th November 2004 @ 6:00 PM. And with a 40% downpayment on the car, I want my Legacy GT NOW damn it ! One would think Lafayette ain't that far...and that Subaru would have a couple of black manual-tranny cars floating around in the factory, to which they can add the security system. 'Is it here now?'...'Is it here now'?...

Guest *Jedimaster*
I hope you get it soon man- I remember waiting for mine to come in, just climbing the walls! When it finally did come in, the company that I had financed my trade in WRX in (I paid it off) took forever to get the lein release to the dealer. As a result, I got to drive an hour to test drive my car the day it came in and then wait another week to pick it up- I won't ever be financing a car through them again! Maybe that makes you feel a little better :(

I ordered a 2000 Impressa RS back in March of 2000. I was promised I would get it by June. I needed it for my wedding in July. It didn't come in until late July, after my wedding! We had to pray that my wife's old junker would make it the 600 mile trip we had to take. My dealer wouldn't even do anything to compensate for the delay. So I bought a different car instead. Now we are shopping for another car and my wife absolutely refuses to go back to that dealership. Luckily, we have 3 Subaru dealers in 15 miles from our house. So my new dealer said he can get us a car in 2 days! They belong to a huge network where they can just exchange cars with other semi-local dealers. So I am definitely going that route instead of ordering. I only want dealer installed options anyway, so no sense in ordering it.

Archived