LegacyGT.com

JDM 1 DIN for Cubby

frathouse87

The JDM piece is for a right hand drive car. You drive an LHD car. While I do not own such a piece, I suppose we are talking some adjustments to correct the angles. Nothing dramatic.

I don't have one of these either, so this is pure speculation on my part. Could it mean it requires you to get rid of or hack at the supports behind the cubby? I didn't go to the site to see their exact description though.

Its not a RHD/LHD angle issue like what needs to be done with the info panel relocation kit. The only modification that needs to be done to use the single din kit is as already mentioned, remove the vertical plastic supports behind the cubby. They're thin and easily 86'd.
ignore him, he'll go away.

Its not a RHD/LHD angle issue like what needs to be done with the info panel relocation kit. The only modification that needs to be done to use the single din kit is as already mentioned, remove the vertical plastic supports behind the cubby. They're thin and easily 86'd.

correct, once you have the jdm din thingamabobber in your hands youll see what needs to be cut off...

Hmm I don't have the single DIN I do however have the double DIN and it had a bit of an issue with RHD vs LHD but still fit ok. I did however to cut some stuff out behind the cubby to make room for the double din unit I bought.

Hmm I don't have the single DIN I do however have the double DIN and it had a bit of an issue with RHD vs LHD but still fit ok. I did however to cut some stuff out behind the cubby to make room for the double din unit I bought.

The single din kit keeps the OEM bezel so there the issue's you experienced with your double din kit never come up. But yes, any install that involves a radio in the cubby location rewuires the vertical plastic supports to be removed.

sounds easy enough. But I've never removed the entire bezel. Does the cubby portion just slide out with clips off the bezel?

Zac

Cubby is screwed to the bezel from the back. You need to remove the entire assembly to get the cubby out.

SO just so I'm understanding correctly...

1. Remove cubby via undoing the clips that surround the entire thing

2. Unscrew screws from back

3. Remove middle cubby section

4. Screw back in new single Din Adapter/Bin

Perhaps the "slight modification" has to do with the location of the hazard light button. I think new wires would need to be spliced in to add enough slack to relocate it to the left (Driver's side).

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/4441/150leg2dincy3.jpg

That's exactly how I'd like mine to look, except I'm getting a 7" flipout touchscreen :dm: Do you use your stock radio controls at all? I think it would just complicate things so I'm going to leave it out and make the entire system seperate. That way if I ever go back to stock, I just hook everthing back up the way it came.

Zac

That's exactly how I'd like mine to look, except I'm getting a 7" flipout touchscreen :dm: Do you use your stock radio controls at all? I think it would just complicate things so I'm going to leave it out and make the entire system seperate. That way if I ever go back to stock, I just hook everthing back up the way it came.

Zac

The stock radio will still power up and function, but will no longer be connected to the speakers (assuming you're using the factory speaker wires).

Zac

u dont have to use your stock radio at all if u dont want to, mine is setup to go thru my aux in on my pioneer but i did that myself its up to you really.

i dont ever really use my stock radio. its a fancy cd holder :)

Archived