LegacyGT.com

AUTOX on satuday 5/26 at E-town!!

whitetiger

Guest Gitster
Listen Mr Black, we best be seing yo a$$ down there!

Hehe I wish. Ill be upstate (ny) drinking my face off and bbq-ing. Tiger, I really want in on some AutoX this summer, some other time. Beginners are welcome correct ?? No SCCA or other affiliations required ??

Guest Gitster
I looked into some local SCCA events but you need to be sponsered and you have to go to rookie day and pay your dues etc. Too complicated for me seeing I missed the rookie events earlier this year. :lol:

yes, all beginners are welcome. ther are at least 10-20 novices at each event. ther are 2 novice walkthroughs and instructors who will drive with you and help you thoughtout the day. There is no reason not to come down and race.

Guest Gitster
^ this is a great way to really see how you mods made a difference on your car.

What mods ?? :confused::lol::lol:

Soo, is anyone else going or will I be the only newbie from here that'll show up.

Whitetiger, should I preregister or just do it there? Are there any other things should I do other than take all loose items out of my car and pump my tires +5 psi beforehand? Bring some painters tape to number my car? A bandana to shield my head from the loaner helmet lice?

Guest Gitster
Soo, is anyone else going or will I be the only newbie from here that'll show up.

Whitetiger, should I preregister or just do it there? Are there any other things should I do other than take all loose items out of my car and pump my tires +5 psi beforehand? Bring some painters tape to number my car? A bandana to shield my head from the loaner helmet lice?

I wont be at this one, but im gonna try real hard to get to another. +1 on the bandana :lol::lol:

I think they recommend doing fluids the morning before, depends how many times and how hard you run. I wouldnt run on motor oil thats past your normal changing point. Check your coolant, brake, and power steering fluid levels, as well transmission. Definitley the tire pressure is important. Other than that, get your golf clubs out of the trunk and the spare and anything else you got in there !!

All of this is a good idea. I always pre-register. Saves time. Def take all loose crap out of the car. There is an air station at the event for the tires. The tape is a good idea too, but they do have window chalk for numbers, if you dont want to put tape on your car. I made some numbers out of some surplus magnetic-backed plastic roll.

I think a couple other people are going too.

Archived