LegacyGT.com

Aero crossbar set sold in Canada?

teleskier

Does anyone have any information on this cross bar set. A Subaru part number would be awesome. The new canadian subaru site does not have an ascessories page or contact info.

My wife doesn't want a lot of extra wind noise and uses her sunroof throughout the winter so this seems like the best option I have found.

1974960362_crossbar.JPG.79f3a2d170257a22d2d236ea58d198e8.JPG

I have them. I can grab the part number tonight when I get home. They are nice, and don't make a ton of noise. The biggest drawback is that the shape pretty much makes it impossible to use aftermarket accessories (i.e. I am stuck buying the Subaru ski rack, bike rack etc.). They come standard on pretty much all but the base model. I believe that the list price is $283 CDN (with the CDN dollar being so strong right now, that could be expensive if you are from the states).

Thanks a lot!! I'll watch for the part number. Yeah, the aero bars are definately less compatable. I've had a lot of subarus over the years so I have a lot of their rack parts. Yakima makes two different aerobar clips for attaching much of their stuff. The only thing I haven't found to fit is the fork mount bike racks. I wish the cross bars came standard in the US. For that matter, I wish they would just sell the aero bars here. Luckly, I have a dealer that will import them if I get the number. As far as cost goes, thanks to the WRX buy back program I have a bunch of subarubucks to burn. Thanks again.

Thanks for the info Pierce. Is there any other part # given, maybe on the actual rack? The local parts computer doesn't find the number which you got me. They are going to call subaru direct today, but they were a little unsure if they would be successful without a part #. Anyways, thanks for the effort, James

I checked over the bars tonight and I can't find anything on them that would resemble a part number. There is the odd stamping, but nothing that looks like a Subaru part number. That number is all I can find. Hope you can get them. Let me know if you need anything else.

[quote name='teleskier']Thanks a lot!! I'll watch for the part number. Yeah, the aero bars are definately less compatable. I've had a lot of subarus over the years so I have a lot of their rack parts. Yakima makes two different aerobar clips for attaching much of their stuff. The only thing I haven't found to fit is the fork mount bike racks. I wish the cross bars came standard in the US. For that matter, I wish they would just sell the aero bars here. Luckly, I have a dealer that will import them if I get the number. As far as cost goes, thanks to the WRX buy back program I have a bunch of subarubucks to burn. Thanks again.[/QUOTE] Teleskier..confirming that my Canadian crossbar set is SCI306631. The corresponding bike carrier (fork mount) is SCI90723B (black), or SCI90723C (aluminum). I paid CDN$207 for the bike carrier at my dealer. If you like, PM me with your email address & I'll email you the html file of all the Canadian accessories

Archived