LegacyGT.com

Brembo GT kit causes nothing but smiles

Nickz31se-r

The rear BremboGT kit looks like the STi rear caliper painted black instead of gold. Anyone know if it's the same or slightly different? Probably not different if it's a WRX kit sold for a LGT

The calipers for both front and rear are exactly the same as the STI. The GT kit for the rear includes a bracket that helps bolt to a R160 rear hub as well as a rotor that is compatible with the smaller R160 parking brake. The fronts are basically STI takeoffs from an 04 STI, except for the caliper being painted black from the factory (same caliper as a 07 STI Limited).

How does the BremboGT kit differ from the STi Brembo set up?

As already mentioned, the calipers are the same. The GT's sold new come with Brembo (zinc I believe) rotors vs. the OEM's with the take-offs.

ignore him, he'll go away.

FastWRX sells the WRX BremboGT kit (front only). 2-piece calipers and 2-piece rotors with aluminum hats. 13.1" rotors x 1.3 thick for $2,995.

Fast WRX also sells the front STi kit for LGT, which has one piece rotors at 12.8" diameter x 1.2" thick for $1,495 ($1,300 when I bought it last year).

Quite a extra chunk of change for an extra 0.3 diameter, 0.1" thickness and two piece rotors vs the STi setup if it uses the same calipers (ie, non monoblock). Ouch!

The calipers for both front and rear are exactly the same as the STI. The GT kit for the rear includes a bracket that helps bolt to a R160 rear hub as well as a rotor that is compatible with the smaller R160 parking brake. The fronts are basically STI takeoffs from an 04 STI, except for the caliper being painted black from the factory (same caliper as a 07 STI Limited).

The Kits come Standard in Gold, Black, Silver, & Red. But you can also opt for Custom colors (just supply me with the paint code)

FastWRX sells the WRX BremboGT kit (front only). 2-piece calipers and 2-piece rotors with aluminum hats. 13.1" rotors x 1.3 thick for $2,995.

These are 2-piece rotors, a much better engineered kit. IIRC, these calipers are not monoblock.

Fast WRX also sells the front STi kit for LGT, which has one piece rotors at 12.8" diameter x 1.2" thick for $1,495 ($1,300 when I bought it last year).

These can be had for much less used. Just get some STI takeoff calipers (since 5x100 is harder to come by as well as 04 STIs being higher mileage these days) and some aftermarket rotors.

Quite a extra chunk of change for an extra 0.3 diameter, 0.1" thickness and two piece rotors vs the STi setup if it uses the same calipers (ie, non monoblock). Ouch!

I have had both of these kits and I regret it everyday that I sold my 332mm kit. Then again, I got my 332mm kit with only 2000 miles for $1k.

Archived