LegacyGT.com

New Legacy. How to turn off ding(ing)

Just got our 07 wagon home. Nice ride, very impressed. A few things already annoying me.

How can I turn the ding ding ding off for the seat-belt warning. We always wear our belts but I dont need it to remind me every 2 seconds. In the manual it says that the dealer can turn it off.

Anyone have the factory or dealer manual on how to change the available options?

Thanks

oh, and i searched for "seatbelt" and "disable" since you are looking to DISABLE it and it is related to the SEATBELT....... seems kinda obvious, one would think......;)

Well I am not new to forums by any means and I know how the "usual" questions get pounced uppon by the regulars. Mabe the Mods should stickie a post that includes all of these "regular" questions. I could not find the posts in my searches.

Do you have to do this multi buckle thing for both the driver and passenger seats?

nope, you do it yo your seat (driver's side) and it is disabled for passengers as well. the only thing that will bring it back is disconnecting the battery, resetting the ecu through some other means, or when the battery voltage dips in very cold overnight temperatures.

One day when you're alone in the car without company you will miss your good friend Mr. Ding.

And then you'll be sorry. I was. I love Mr. Ding.

car for sale. PM me!

i drive an 07 as my sig states and yes, it works.

and for the record there is no definite number of clicks. as you notice when trying it, the ding stops and then starts and then stops completely. sometimes you dont get it and then finally, one time, you will. try it, turn off the ignition(not the car. the ignition switch), turn it on(again not the car, but the switch), and wait for the ding. if it stops, good. if not, try again.

I got it to work in my 07. The trick I found is not to cheat and keep the release button pushed. I had to allow it to latch and then release the twenty or so times.

Now when I start the car the 6 dings go off at the start but after that the light on the dash goes out and stays out. No more Mr. Ding.

Is their a way to disable the door chime as well? because that is driving me nuts.

"Warning your door is open".....No $#@%. Personally I dont want to hear a ding unless the car is about to explode and I only have 5 seconds to get out of it.

Search please

What's funny is whenever I search for something here all I find are threads where the replies are telling the OP to search. Sometimes it takes quite a bit of digging to find the necessary info.

What's funny is whenever I search for something here all I find are threads where the replies are telling the OP to search. Sometimes it takes quite a bit of digging to find the necessary info.

hence the reason we tell the n00bs to search. if anything it shows them how to be persistent in their searches and find stuff for themselves. it also shows them how many times the question has been asked and explains why we are tired of searching for them to provide links.

Ya know I have been trying this ever since I got my car last year and it never worked. After reading this thread I decided to try it again (3 times) and still no luck. Then just for the hell of it I tried doing it WITHOUT sitting in the seat and it worked the first time. Could that be the missing link? :iam:

• 1 month later...

weird...I have an 06 and it worked perfect the first time...

stayed on forever.....until one day I was getting a CD out of my car....I forgot and left my key in the ignition....

the next day I spent an hour looking for my keys (late for an appt.)

finally went to the car and found them sitting in the ignition in the ON position.

Drained the battery all night and although the battery was never DISCONNECTED... the seat belt thing was back and the settings in my NAV were all jacked up.

anyways....

did it again and worked for the first time again...

I havent disabled Mr. Ding. I tell my passengers to put on the seatbelt or else Mr. Ding wont stfu. Honestly, I'd much rather have them wear it cause I'm a wreckless driver. =x

Hey King Kong...

we are all responsible drivers who all wear their seat belts and make our passengers wear them as well...

I see you are new here....so no worries...

but just to clarify...

In the legacy the seat belt chime will start very quickly and it is rather annoying.

Even if you are sitting in your car (not driving) it will still chime away forever.

Since lots of us are in the car when it isn't moving we like to disable this feature.

It does not mean we don't wear our seat belt. We just can't stand the chime. For those people who can't remember to put on their belt I wouldn't recommend this mod.

As for the passenger...I don't take off until the belt is on and my friends know that. In addition I haven't disabled the pass. side belt chime.

Some have noticed that if they put things like groceries or junk in the pass seat then the chime starts....that would be the only reason for disabling that chime as well.....

Enjoy the forum and welcome!

Archived