LegacyGT.com

Need a little help- Boost Gauge Install?

• 4 weeks later...

not a solution for your problem, but after testing with a voltmeter today, i can tell you that RED/YELLOW is not a constant 12V. that is an ignition 12V wire.

constant 12V would be BLUE/RED.

will have pictures of my gauges installed in a little bit

Here's my boost gauge install how-to: http://jsalmi.com/car/boostgauge/

John- what type(brand) of boost gauge did you use? It looks like it matches the dash lights perfectly. Is there dimming control on the gauge? Looks great, great write-up.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? -George Carlin

• 3 weeks later...

sup guys,

I'm installed my prosport elec boost gauge and i came across a problem. I followed lgt dave post. as of now the boost is sitting at -25 and does not go anyway even when the car is on the road. Can someone help me.....Please... I did the follow. Am i missing anything?

Red wire from both sensor & Gauge to Red/Yellow

White wire from Gauge to Red/yellow

Black wire from both sensor & Gauge to Black/yellow

white wire from sensor to green wire on gauge

which gauge do you have exactly? http://prosportgauges.com/faqs.aspx

Q: I lost my instructions how do I wire the performance Series gauge?

A: Black –Ground

Red - 12v ign. power-meaning power when the ignition is on.

White- 12v ign. power

Orange-Headlight switch.

Green - Sender

The above/below wiring will result in white during the day and color (amber or Green) at night.

Q: How Do I wire my Premium Series(Peak/Warning) Gauges?

A: Red -Constant 12v power

Black-Ground

White-12v ignition power

Orange-headlight switch

Green –Sender

also double check your vacuum line to make sure it's not kinked.

• 6 months later...

Alright, bringing this back. I think I have everything figured out. What I don't know is which wire on the back of the trip computer do we hook up the orange wire to if we are wanting amber at night?

Here is what I understand so far:

Wires from guage/to wires in trip computer

Red to red/blue (constant 12v)

white to red/yellow(ignition 12v)

black to black/yellow(ground)

orange to ????(headlight switch)

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am attempting to do this on my one day off tomorrow. Thanks,

Kyle

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I suggest not using the trip computer wire for power. A more elegant solution is to use a fuse tap directly from the fuse box that is tied in with your power windows. That way, your gauges won't be on when you have the accessories (i.e. radio, cigarette lighter, etc.) on. They will only come on when your dashboard lights up as well. Makes more sense that way.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/gauges-wiring-ignition-12v-97117.html?t=97117&highlight=fuse+tap

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When you guys are talking about connecting to existing wires, how the hell are you tapping into the wire? Stripping the wire and wrapping it around? That seems ghetto as **** to me. I'm trying to hook up my AFR gauge but i'm stuck with the wiring and figured I'd ask in here since it's very similar.

If you use a fuse tap, can you take out one of the existing fuses and tap into that slot with the additional gauge and have everything work fine?

Either way works, just make sure you are getting the right amount of power. There are also devices which splice into a wire without having to cut the insulation yourself leaving a nice clean connection. I've heard they done always work very well but I've never tried them personally.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived