LegacyGT.com

Slow tire leak...

Our 05 LGT has a slow leak in the rear passenger tire. We've had it checked at 2 places and they can't find where it is... the tires are only 3 months old. The tire loses air while the car is just sitting there... takes about 2-3 days to go completely flat. Anyone have experience with this? Should we just get the tire resealed or should I start shopping for a new rim?

well i had that same problem take it to the tire dealer or whatever u brought it from. It can either have 2 things a hole in ur tire such as a nail or whatever. Or what I has was a leaky tire valve stem which can be easily replaced. My thinking it can be the tire valve that needs to be replaced if it's not that then go for the resealed...just from my experience i had a slow leak so it was a leaky tire valve that's it

I have the same problem as well with same tire. It doesn't ever go completely flat though it'll keep like 20psi in the tire when I goto fill it up. I only drive the LGT though when it rains so it sit's quite a bit. I mainly drive my Honda Del Slow, just want to keep the mileage down on GT and with the nice weather it's fun driving with the windows down and top off.

has the tire been leak tested with a simple soapy water solution? Thats the easiest way to find a leak....spray the tire good with soapy water and where you find bubbling is the leak....

Some tire places have a big water tub (livestock tank, or something that the whole wheel and tire can fit into) and they submerge the wheel and tire completely, and they can find the air leak, if it is enough to produce some bubbles.

Archived