LegacyGT.com

Subaru is #1 in Sweden 2007

erito

Based on an extensive poll about how satisfied you are with your car, Subaru took 1st place in Sweden.

www.subaru.se

rough translated from webpage:

"We're sorry BMW, Audi and Mercedes.

In Swedens biggest car-owners poll, none of you are placed in top.

We are."

:)

^SOS has their shi* together! With all the options you guys get (rear foglight, traction control, lights in the mirrors for the base cars, self leveling suspension, etc etc) this is no surprise, you here that SOA :)

I dont even really know what it is but dangit, I want it!

Edit: Ok, googled it and i still want it. Would really never need it but that never really mattered anyway. =P

Yep. I believe Outbacks come with self leveling suspension standard over there. I can't translate the Swedish websites. But here is an Irish Subaru website with standard list for 2006 Outbacks they sell there. Look in the "Comfort" section.

http://www.subaru.ie/IMGIE/WWW/subaru_ie.nsf/LiveByRef/SDUE-6KSEN8?OpenDocument

I also read a UK website that says its standard on the ones they sell there and I know the Aussies get it also but maybe not standard for them.

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/used_car_reviews/article1394764.ece (slooow website)

Is it standard on USA Outbacks?

the self leveling system is really great. When i load heavy stuff and maby pull something big i don't have to adjust the lights or feel like a fat-ass, the car is just always horizontal and sweet :)

I don't know how it works on the Subaru but I can tell you how some others do it. Its basically a hydraulic or electrical system that is tucked near or underneath the shocks. Some systems have it built into the shock mechanism. When the yaw-like sensor senses and imbalance between the front and rear it triggers the hydraulic pump or electric damper to fill chambers that raise the rear until the car is level again. Once the level is reached it shuts off BUT the system continuously monitors and maintains the level so even if the car is switched off you could load it up and the car will remain level. Its nothing like the old Citroens that sat flat on the ground and then raised up when you turned the car on.

I believe only the rest of the world Outbacks have it for now, the Legacy's get self leveling headlamps instead. Something else we don't get :(

^SOS has their shi* together! With all the options you guys get (rear foglight, traction control, lights in the mirrors for the base cars, self leveling suspension, etc etc) this is no surprise, you here that SOA :)
Do you think SOA could sell a 3.0R Legacy sedan for $45,900 or a Legacy 3.0R spec.B sedan for $55,500? That's what Subaru is charging in Sweden, not to mention that it's impossible to buy a new turbo Legacy from a Subaru dealer in Sweden.

;1151148']Do you think SOA could sell a 3.0R Legacy sedan for $45' date='900 or a Legacy 3.0R spec.B sedan for $55,500? That's what Subaru is charging in Sweden, not to mention that it's impossible to buy a new turbo Legacy from a Subaru dealer in Sweden.[/quote']

Yeah, but how much of that is taxes? In Europe, a lot of cars cost more than in the US, but when you drop off the crazy taxes, they come in about even or a bit less.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Sweden's "moms" (aka VAT) tax on cars is 25%, as far as I can tell. Even given this, Subarus are priced as premium cars in Europe.

So how do you feel about paying $36,700 (subtracting the VAT) for a 3.0R Legacy sedan or $44,400 for the 3.0R spec.B? And no possibility for a turbo Subaru?

;1151148']Do you think SOA could sell a 3.0R Legacy sedan for $45' date='900 or a Legacy 3.0R spec.B sedan for $55,500? That's what Subaru is charging in Sweden, not to mention that it's impossible to buy a new turbo Legacy from a Subaru dealer in Sweden.[/quote']

If this price includes all taxes and tariffs then it is not Subaru making the most but Swedish goverment.

Krzys

Forester LL Bean edition has had self-leveling rear suspension for a while here in the US.

Also don't you guys think Subaru's #1 rating might have more to do with the fact that Sweden is a very snowy country and Subaru's AWD rather than fancy suspensions and rear fog lights?:rolleyes:

Given SOA's position here in the US, I think we should be appreciative of what we have. People always seem to forget that only a few years ago there wasn't even a WRX and Subaru's lineup consisted of 165 hp outbacks and foresters.

Now we have STi's and Forester turbos, and Outback H6s and Legacy Spec Bs, and its only gonna get better.

The tax in Sweden is 25%. Check out Norway if you want to see some really crazy prices :)

I really like the Japan built Subarus, but WE WANT TURBO! AND DIESEL!

But diesel will come within a year.

Yesterday i got a value coupon from SOS saying that they want my car (2006 model, 1600km driven) and want me to buy a new one. When the deal is done i send in the coupon and get 12000 SEK from SOS. That's nice, but i can't afford it yet. I 'll swap when the diesel is here ...

• 2 weeks later...
The tax in Sweden is 25%. Check out Norway if you want to see some really crazy prices :)

Oh, ain't that the truth...

A 3.0R Outback costs about 114.000 USD here in Norway.

A WRX STi is about 106.000 USD.

We got the same 25% VAT, but taxes to the government are...ehm...very high.

Of course, the average salaries are fairly high, but our car prices are just ridiculous.

The US Forester LL Bean has had a self leveling suspension for a long time... no one cared about it... won't be surprised to see it go away.

Yeah I know, my original point was that the Swedes get it on the base models. You have to step up to the LLBean edition to get the goodies here, which makes sense considering that as Americans we don't expect those things in our base cars. Also unless the government or the media tells us its a good thing we won't ask for it or care. So SOA knows what its doing :)

Archived