LegacyGT.com

Now have 1200 miles on my '05 LGT and here...

are the goods and the not-so-goods FWIW and IMHO and IIRC and CMIIW any other acronym that fits. Hey, basically, I just got home and smiled (more than usual) the entire way as I drove and I wanna type and it dont cost anyone nuttin so shaddap and read or move on to the next post pilgrm cuz I be writin' here! Not-so-goods: bad gas mileage (at least for me and how I have been driving it) slightly rubbery shifter - I think there is a fix sold by Cobb, or will be, to minimize this had to add the arm rest extension - now it feels almost normal difficult to find the perfect seat adjustment (but I am a fat slob and may not be in the, uh, "position" to comment on this) too much body roll (the car, not me) not nearly enough lateral support in the seat for how well this car handles (even if I were 50 pounds lighter, the seat has 1/3 of the lateral support it needs - this car handles very well and will be more betterer when I get good more betterer tires) driver's floor mat hook popped off and is a stupid design and if your's aint popped off, it will headliner is beige, but should be black like the interior...totally goofy stock tires are so-so stereo is weak you WILL get tickets driving this car. Now the Goods: FAST, veddy, veddy F-A-S-T. For a 2.5L 4 cyl, I am amazed at how fast it is (and see fat slob reference above - this car is working overtime if ya get my drift), and how smooth and refined the engine is. wonderful powerband (i got used to how it behaves and always have the turbo at the right spot to go more quickerer) quiet, very, very quiet and.... deceiving - this car will do 80-100 (and get there) so effortlessly it is eerie - and I like that reeks of quality - I mean reeks, like as in the best of the Japaneses or Yurpeens quality of interior. Everything fits, the tactile elements of all the switches and levers is wunderbar. NVH is (are?) minimal, really, really minimal. Soob did their homework on this car That's it. That wasnt so bad a read was it? This is a wonderful car at any price, and for 27 large, fuggedaboutit, ya aint gonna beat it, and if you do, post what car you bought here so we can all be amazed at our ineptitude. Later y'all. I'm on the next transport to the off-world colony...

Good review. I can't quite see why people are so unbelieving of the power level of this car. Porsche put a turbocharged 2.5l I4 (ok not a flat 4, but a big capacity 4) in their 951, which was actually a bit more than a match for the 911 turbo similar vintage. Porsche put their 2 valve head and turbo on a 3.0 liter 968 block for the 968 turbo S, and actually got even more power. Powerhaus in AZ puts turbos on 968 4valve motors, to get more than 400hp and lb-ft. it gets insane. Similar power levels should not be unexpected from a Subaru, with similar capacities. I am actually quite impressed by the technical similarities (be they surface coincidence, or deeper) between Porsches, and much lower priced Subarus. I believe I have mentioned that a possible Legacy STi with a twin turbo H6 would have several parallels to only one other car. Porsche 911 Turbo AWD 6MT, at a 100k premium.

Archived