LegacyGT.com

H7 to D2S Adapter issue

kjiz

So I bought a pair of Denso ballasts from HIDExpert with the H7 adapter. They work fine but the bulbs dont fit in the socket. It seems the clip wont go back down because now the bulbs base sits too high. I read that others had this issue and solved it by bending the wire that holds the bulb in.

So how and where did you guys bend? And is there another solution? I dont wanna break that wire clip and have no bulbs!

Thanks.

I've done this, you have to force the clip around. I've broken a clip off the passenger side headlight(have to use auto duct tape and electrical tape to keep the bulb in now. The h7 adapter dosent still well. Trust me stick to h7 rebased hid bulbs.

Sorry I don't. Basically, you will have to open it up to accept the D2s plug. Secondly, make the entire clip flatter so that there isn't too much tension. With the H7 adapter, the bulb base will stick further out and the stock angle of the clip will make it hard to hook/unhook.

Thanks finally installed them. Output is great however I have to buy new bulbs or figure out a way to seperate the bulbs from the H7 Adapter. The ones I bought were already glued together so the return wire is facing up not down. Sooo I have a dark area in each headlight.

Oh yeah I decided to make a new clip from a thick paper clip and it worked perfectly!

Archived