LegacyGT.com

Exterior sunshade?

dave g

I recentl read that folks in the south and west use sunshades outside the windshield for better effect. Having a black car and dark interior in a tint-unfriendly state, I am interested in the best effect I can get. Anyone have one of these? I can find little info on shades appropriate to use outside the car. I have seen the various inside shades that retract or otherwise fit tightly. I am interested in the option of keeping the heat away from the windshield entirely.

They use something similar to protect boats, motorcycles and airplanes. Would someone in Texas get some pics of these.

I'm from TX and I have no clue what you are talking about. I have never seen anyone use a sunshield outside on the windshield. Inside yes, but outside???

I first heard about it from someone who saw it in Texas, indicating it was common there. Maybe not. I just can't remember who I heard it from. It sounded logical. The legacy has a bigger windshield than my PT Cruiser, and is noticeably hotter to ride in in the sun. I am thinking about a dash cover as well. The sun reflecting off the dash feels like an oven on my face. I have not noticed this in any other car to this degree. This is my third black car, the other two were a mustang and pt cruiser. The legacy is the most uncomfortable to drive on a sunny day. I attribute it mostly to the windshield. I'll be getting tint soon, that should help a bit.

Marty, if I put a truck style shade on my legacy, just come and shoot me.

Seberry, Covercraft UVS 100... looks nice but they don't show the custome fit for my 07 Sedan

Now I have a sunshade that I use daily in my car. The kind you open and then place on the inside of the car on the windshield and hold up with the sun visors. Is that what you are talking about? It's similar to what sebberry posted.

I use a standard fold-up sunshade, but it is too small to cover the whoe windshield. It is a large size, too. Maybe something as simple as this.:Hoppy 17511 All Season Windshld Cover

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hoppy-17511-Season-Windshld-Cover/dp/B000CMHVBC/ref=pd_bbs_11/102-0645923-7018505?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1178643873&sr=8-11]Amazon.com: Hoppy 17511 All Season Windshld Cover: Automotive[/ame]

But the cover on the jeep looks interesting. I had not considered the possibility of a cover for all windows from outside the car. Maybe a little more than I wanted to get into, but could be very effective

man, just wait till you get your windows tinted, its wonderfull : ) you won't even worry about the windshield, it keeps it soooooooooooo much cooler

That doesn't cut it for us here in Texas. We still have to use a sunshield or whatever. The tint still lets in the heat. :( Of course, when it is 100+ degrees in the summer, that is understandable.

Here in Florida tint is a necessity & if you have leather interior a requirement.

I use 2 collapseable nylon windshiel screens they fit great & work wonders:):)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived