LegacyGT.com

Help, my tips are sticking out...and it's not even cold!!

Just picked up a set of Magnaflows with pre-welded ends to bolt up to my stock exhaust. While it sounds great, the tips are about an inch to far out and I want to loose the rice look. Can I simply cut an inch from before the Y and re-weld, or do I need to cut the pipe at each muffler. I'm worried that pulling it back before the Y will put to much tension on the hangers...(not you Hanger :lol: ) Pics to follow, but I think they do stick out too far.

I think you could probably solve the issue if your local muffler shop relocates the hangers and/or re-does the pipe from the muffler to the Y. I don;t think you should chop the tip.

Are they loud??

I'll post up pics tomorrow. I drove over 500 miles today with them (central Jersey to Frederick MD and back) and loved the cruising sound. Low tone and no drone. Kind of hard to explain further but at low revs it almost sounds like it is congested. I think the mid pipe catless, or maybe the resonator removal would clean it up a little. I gotta try something though because they do look a little ricey sticking out.

Just picked up a set of Magnaflows with pre-welded ends to bolt up to my stock exhaust. While it sounds great, the tips are about an inch to far out and I want to loose the rice look. Can I simply cut an inch from before the Y and re-weld, or do I need to cut the pipe at each muffler. I'm worried that pulling it back before the Y will put to much tension on the hangers...(not you Hanger :lol: ) Pics to follow, but I think they do stick out too far.

lol :lol:

i know i get confused when people mentioned "hanger" in their threads, but i smarted up and got used to it :lol:

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Archived