LegacyGT.com

Take the LGT Wagon option?

EidolonSix

I own a 2002 Impreza 2.5 RS w/ MT (40,500K) and have an opportunity to get into a new 2007 LGT wagon. I know that SOA is killing it after 2007 but I found the Outback suspension to be too SUV like and want something tighter, sleek and sporty with cargo room to boot. My Impreza is fun to toss around but has cabin noise that rivals that of a Jeep Wrangler.

Anyone have any thoughts about the 2007 LGT wagon? The sportshift? Those who made the switch to sportshift from manual...do you miss the clutch???

Should I wait it out with my impreza until SOA has another brilliant idea (not looking so hot right now)?

Thanks!

If you're ok with AT go grab it. People were reporting that ALL 2007 wagons are gone, so yours is quite a find.

Don't count at SOA, they got insane, just look how 2008 Outback looks. But don't forget to e-mail them about the wagon situation (check my sig).

If you search you'll see most AT owners seem to be happy with their choice. I'd personally never buy an AT car, but that's my individual preference.

From the reports it appears that you need to be careful about power mods, there are many reports of blown slushboxes, but apparently if done right and not abused, they can cope with power.

I went from a MT 2002 WRX wagon to a AutoTrans 2007 LGT wagon. Much nicer car, still lots of fun.

I thought I'd really miss the gear shift, and thought that having the manual controls on the Auto would be a compromise, but the best that I could do. I'd have to live with manual control over the Auto trans.

Guess what? I don't use the manual much as all. Using the SI drive to change the characteristics of the shifting, and then let the car do it. Works well. I'll use the steering wheel controls the odd time to force a downshift in advance of passing.

Oh, and traffic jams are a whole lot less stressful.

Couldn't pass up the Legacy 2.5 GT wagon....so it should be delivered to me in two days or so. It was humorous watching the sales people search subaruweb.net for the car despite me telling them exactly where the car was, having confirmed it with a phone call to the dealership....

Anyways, brilliant silver metallic, most of the fixins, save the SPT bits I am sure to add later.

As for my Impreza...it's emotional but was time to move on....a great transition car for 5 years...I can say that.

Pics to come.

Thanks to all for the supportive advice. Cheers!

PS: for anyone looking, there are a few in the southeast remaining....two newport blue GT wagons and a black one I believe....good luck

Archived