LegacyGT.com

Tall guys: How tall is too tall for a Limited?

Riot

I've been in quite a few LGT's for test drives, but I don't remember if they had moonroofs or not. Today I got to sit in an 07 Spec B and there was no room!

I've noticed a few WTB threads for non-limiteds citing head room problems. Anyone here 6' 6" and fit fine with a sun roof?

6'8", limited, sunroof, fit fine. I slouch a little, but the seat it relatively upright. Comfortable on long trips.

What year is your car? I'm wondering if there's a difference in the later year models.

I had my neighbor, his wife & my wife in the sunroof lgt lastnight. He's 6'3" and wasn't comfortable in the passenger seat.

How tall are you then?

I had my neighbor, his wife & my wife in the sunroof lgt lastnight. He's 6'3" and wasn't comfortable in the passenger seat.

no one said anything about the passenger seat. I don't like that side either. Controll issues aside, the passenger seat is less supportive and there is less legroom as well when compared to the driver's side.

ignore him, he'll go away.

What year is your car? I'm wondering if there's a difference in the later year models.

I've only ridden in the 05 and 06 Legacy, both limited and non-limited. I own one of each.

ignore him, he'll go away.

I'm not terribly tall (6'1"), but my buddy's 6'6" and rides with me pretty regularly. It's a tight fit, but he's okay with the seat all the way back. On the other hand, he tends to like the seat titled back quite a bit, whether headroom's an issue or not.

Another thing to consider, if you're not dead-set on a sedan, is that wagons have an extra bit of headroom. My hair brushed against the roof of the sedans when I drove them, but I'm fine in my wagon.

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Some of it depends on whether you have long legs or a long body. I'm only 6', but I have a long body, short legs, and long (37") arms. In a manual tranny car, I have to move the seat close for the clutch, and recline the seat way back to get some space for my arms.

I can see where a taller guy with a long torso could be comfortable if they like to recline the seat, but legroom doesn't seem to be overly generous for someone with long legs

Ron

I'm 6'8", 37" legs, 38" arms. I bought my 2005 non-limited wagon specifically to gain the ~1.5" from no headroom. and of course, because it as 5MT.

torso wise, my shoulders fit against the bottom of the head rest with it all the way up...

I sat in the limited wagons and sedans, and the sunroof brushed too close to me head, even with the seat all the way down/back, and reclined pretty far back.

Ran into a guy at an autox yesterday. 6' 7" in a non-limited LGT. To fit with a helmet for autox in his car without a sunroof, he had to install a Sparco race (fixed bucket) to lower the seat height on the driver's side. In the stock seat, he couldn't wear a helmet. And he said he couldn't sit in the Limited with sunroof without hitting his head at the lowest seat height. Of course, it will also depend on how much of your height is in your torso vs legs. With a short torso, head room may not be as much of an issue for you.

I'm 6'3" and it was a little tighter then I would like, but not at all bad in a 07 spec B that I test drove. Now the 07 Sti Limited taht I was supposed to get, forget about it, with everything adjusted as low and as back as I could comfortably drive it my head was pinned againist the roof.

Leg length & torso length are 2 separate variables.

I'm 6'1", 33" leg is OK (but not so good for someone sitting behind me).

So, doing the math, sort of like 40" from head to ??. I've gotten used to pushing the seat angle back to give me more headroom.

Every once in a while, I find that I LIKE being 5'-9 1/2"! :lol:

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am 6'3" with a long torso and found out I don't really fit in the 07 or 08s comfortably when a sunroof is involved. My head is right on the roof, my hair rubs, and i don't like it one bit. Needless to say that's why it is her car, not mine.

Ran into a guy at an autox yesterday. 6' 7" in a non-limited LGT. To fit with a helmet for autox in his car without a sunroof, he had to install a Sparco race (fixed bucket) to lower the seat height on the driver's side. In the stock seat, he couldn't wear a helmet. And he said he couldn't sit in the Limited with sunroof without hitting his head at the lowest seat height. Of course, it will also depend on how much of your height is in your torso vs legs. With a short torso, head room may not be as much of an issue for you.

Very good point Tall guys who run track events need to carry a helmet to dealerships when they sit in cars.

With my helmet, I brush the headliner in my Limited wagon (6' with a long torso). If I were an inch taller (torso-wise), it would be uncomfortable.

Ron

6'5" non limited wagon, perfect fit...damn review mirror gets in the way (traffic from right). I sometimes find myself hunching over to see the traffic light. My brother in law has limited Sedan, I feel a little more snug in it as far as headroom goes.

my husband's 6'4" and sits fine in my LGT, even with a helmet. it's a little tight, but the seat sits pretty low. however, the WRX limited/STI limited... no way! but i fit just fine. ;)
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

6'3" here, 190 lbs, and I have around 1/2" - 1" lead clearance in an '05 non-limited Legacy (no sunroof / manual seats), 0" clearance in one with a sunroof + power seats. I've got more than ample legroom, though, although I'm considered a daddy long-leg / medium torso.

I sit very upright, and I also appear much closer to the wheel than the average "lean-back" Socal driving posture.

5'7" and complaints here.

But seriously, this reminds me of a Car Talk a few years ago. A 6'3" man was complaining about the terrible gas mileage in his Tahoe and they reccomended him a Subaru Forester, which he didnt want cause he thought he was too tall for it. Turns out he was wrong.

Archived