LegacyGT.com

New Liberty GT STI in AUS

:wub: That's the HAWTEST wagon I've ever seen!!!:spin: EVARRRRR!!!! I think I just had a diurnal emission.:redface: Congrats mate!! and as others have said, I'm jealous and you suck!:p

.......................................................................................^

........................................................................................l

........................................................................................l

...................................................................................(kidding)

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

But 08 models are already in owners hands.

Do you mean as 09 models released in 08?

Going by what was said over on Nabisco by Unit91, the Legacy and Outback STI models are slated to be '08 models. The '8' in the 8AZ and 8DZ codes indicate '08 model year. He indicated they would be introduced at SEMA, and we'll see them spring '08. They'll most likely be limit runs (300(?) copies), so they'll sell out quickly, which means they don't need to be available for the whole model year.

That's why I say wait for SEMA.

:lol: This topic torments me wherever I go. The elusive 8AZ!!! :mad::p

heights: From the Unit guy and some others in the 2008 Legacy Thread on NASIOC it appears there will be a mid-model year appearance by something with the high end model code ending in Z. Kinda like what Japan did for the 2007's with the push button start and laser guided cruise control. Probably gonna come with SPT or some kind of in house exhaust and other small goodies. Nothing is confirmed and the guys who do know something won't talk till SEMA. :(

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

;1136169']His new wagon is a Liberty Tuned by STI. Everything under the bonnet is exactly the same as the Liberty GT.

Yah, someone get this straight for me...This does NOT include the STI turbo and engine bits and tranny and everything from the STI just in Legacy (Liberty) form???

If so, that is pure nonsense.

Don't get me wrong dude, that is one SICK wagon. I love those wagons, and if I had the money, I would buy me a turbo wagon as well...

Yah, someone get this straight for me...This does NOT include the STI turbo and engine bits and tranny and everything from the STI just in Legacy (Liberty) form???

If so, that is pure nonsense.

Don't get me wrong dude, that is one SICK wagon. I love those wagons, and if I had the money, I would buy me a turbo wagon as well...

The Legacy/Liberty tuned by STI has no Impreza STI components. From the info I've found, you're getting a Legacy GT Spec.B with some components from Subaru Tecnica International thrown at it - components made for the Legacy, not the Impreza. No engine components are changed from the Spec.B (though Australia appears to get an ECU tune).

According to this site:

http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/legacytunedbysti/catalog/utility/index.html

They show:

Brembo brakes

STI springs

STI seats

STI strut tower brace

STI sway bar

STI mufflers

STI guages

None of these are Impreza STI components, they are Legacy/Liberty components made by STI.

According to this site:

http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/LEGACY/catalog/utility/index.html

They show:

Brembo brakes

Braided steel brake lines

18" wheels

STI springs

STI suspension pieces

STI strut tower brace

STI mufflers

STI front lip

STI spoiler

Both of those sites include the word "catalog" in the web address, so they might just be parts available from STI for the Legacy, but all the pictures I've seen of the Legacy tuned by STI seem to have all those components (well, I couldn't see the brake lines or suspension pieces...).

Make your own best guess. We'll find out what's actually included in our version at SEMA.

^^^^ I think he's talking about the Japan only Legacy STI, not Impreza STI

I was just basing my response on his comments on the STI turbo and tranny. Since the Impreza STI is the only STI we currently have, I made the assumption that this was what he was referring to.

I was just clarifying that the Legacy tuned by STI has the same turbo, tranny, and everything else as the Legacy Spec.B with STI (the company) parts thrown in.

Just trying to clear up any confusion...

^^^^ I think he's talking about the Japan only Legacy STI, not Impreza STI

One more detail: The Japanese Legacy tuned by STI has the same engine, same turbo, same tranny, etc. as the Japanese-market Spec.B, so the US-spec Leg STI will also mirror the US-spec Spec.B.

I was just basing my response on his comments on the STI turbo and tranny. Since the Impreza STI is the only STI we currently have, I made the assumption that this was what he was referring to.

I was just clarifying that the Legacy tuned by STI has the same turbo, tranny, and everything else as the Legacy Spec.B with STI (the company) parts thrown in.

Just trying to clear up any confusion...

You are right in assuming so.

I am talking about STI parts as we know it here in America...Parts that stand for power and performance...Such as Vf39 and it's tmic combo, and the 6 speed tranny (which now is offered w/ the Spec B. And yes I know it is Legacy Specific...Thank SOA for actually making a great choice w/ something on the new Spec B.s)

I'm only saying that "tuned by STI" ought to mean some great engine and power mods also, and if it only means bling, then I could care less.

But it does look nice as I said, and I am glad this guy has an awesome wagon.

right but I was under the impression that there was an actual Legacy STI in addition to a tuned by STI that had additional power

The only thing I'm aware of that could be truly called a Legacy STI was the S401, from the previous-generation Legacy, and that seems to be a one-off project. No S402 was ever made that I'm aware of. Now the S20x (Impreza) series is up to S204.

S401:

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0406scc_subaru_legacy_sti/index.html

http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/s401/index.html

S20x series history:

2000 - S201

2002 - S202

2004 - S203

2005 - S204

S40x series history:

2002 - S401

From this page:

http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/e/outline.html

When I get to my other computer with the bookmark I can give an exact list of all the parts on this car. To sum it up, TUNED BY STI != STI. Also, Japan does not get a Legacy STI, they get a 2.0GT specB Tuned by STI.

Congrats on picking up the nice ride, but you guys quit drooling over it, there is nothing on this car that you cannot pick up from japanparts.com, or upgrade with better equipment from our wonderful stateside tuners. It is a nice car, and a nice package but its engine, transmission and suspension is on par with a lgt. The lightweight 18x8.5 and large brembo brakes are nice though.

You are right in assuming so.

I am talking about STI parts as we know it here in America...Parts that stand for power and performance...Such as Vf39 and it's tmic combo, and the 6 speed tranny (which now is offered w/ the Spec B. And yes I know it is Legacy Specific...Thank SOA for actually making a great choice w/ something on the new Spec B.s)

I'm only saying that "tuned by STI" ought to mean some great engine and power mods also, and if it only means bling, then I could care less.

But it does look nice as I said, and I am glad this guy has an awesome wagon.

Thanks! I was hoping I didn't misunderstand you....

To be fair, the sway bars and springs are (hopefully) more than just bling, but there are no real performance enhancements (aside from the Aussies getting an ECU tune too - I hope we get that).

you guys are right..I am thinking that the 2.0 in the Legacy tuned by Sti has more hp than the 2.5 which it does.

But it makes the same amount in the non tuned by STI as well :redface:

Yep, I believe the 2.0 automatics have 260 hp, while the 2.0 manuals get 280hp, which is the same as the GT and Spec.B in Japan.

I sure wish we got 280hp, though it shouldn't take Cobb Tuning too long to come out with an AccessPort that will boost it to 300 for us.

^ Yep same reason you'll never see the 2.0 engines as nice as some of them are :(

Part of the problem is that our gasoline is inferior to that of Japan (from what I've heard), which means we have to run lower compression ratios in our engines, which is why we got the 2.5 in the first place; to offset the lower compression and lower performance.

Archived