LegacyGT.com

Painted Brake Calipers

muddy02

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well the first one i did took 2 hrs, then it got dark and i went to bed. then when i got the hang of it and doing the rears both at the same time, it took about 3 hrs for the rest together.
It's not about speed, it's about acceleration!

it took u two days? the paint kit i bought [g2] says the paint mix has a 4-6 hour work period so i finished mine in a day. masked it up but messed up on a few parts... still looks pretty decent in my opinion. yellow brakes on regal blue pearl.. goin' for that porsche look hehe :lol:

IMG_0636.JPG.1573b17489900fc6cac0caee723ad56d.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG.22fb46989e1fcab5501c4f35438a9039.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG.a6be794685ee511404123f92cc0dfa38.JPG

IMG_0641.JPG.1661f032bf6eceea5a537fe98223ed25.JPG

it's a tiny can of paint. i took my time on the first one to make sure it came out good. by then it was dark out, and i closed up the paint can. it was fine the next weekend when i did the other 3. I felt like an idiot driving around for a week with just the right front painted.

Ok, J.w Cuz i often like to hit like 100mph and slam on the breaks and do it a few more times...Cant wait for this sunday ima get these bad boys painted up real nice Muddy how yours lookin after rain or anything? and how will the winter salt be on them?

so far so good. like i said, i have about 3 coats on there. the decal holds really well on that finish too. i'd expect that to fall off before the paint goes. it's been about a month? maybe more. i'll post some pics later after one month of rain, sun, sand etc..... and you guys can decide for yourself.

i think the trick is multiple coats resulting in a nice heavy layer.

was at the dealer yesterday and looked at a new Legacy while i waited, guess what the '08 has the calipers painted silver. they probably saw mine and thought it was a good idea. :lol: bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

lasted so far, no sign of falling off. the paint is so nice, it feels like it actually helps the decal "cling" cause it's a smooth latex-like paint. i drove shortly after putting them on. just make sure all the corners are down and press on them for a couple seconds to make sure they catch.

ok cool its on and done..looks amazing just wanted to let it sit a lil before i take her out

Post pics when you get a chance. It is always to see them out in the "wild" :)

X

---

• 10 months later...
was at the dealer yesterday and looked at a new Legacy while i waited, guess what the '08 has the calipers painted silver. they probably saw mine and thought it was a good idea. :lol: bosco

My calipers aren't very silver anymore... :(

Looks like I'm grabbing some eastwood paint. ;)

Archived