LegacyGT.com

Anyone ever use Power Stop brake pads?

PA_Probe

I am looking to replace/upgrade my wife's 2.5i brake pads. Found a good price on some Power Stop Z16 Ceramic brake pads and I am wondering if anyone has ever used their pads. I haven't found reviews for these pads on the internet, but have found good reviews on their rotors. Do you think they are a trust worthy brand, and I should give them a shot? Couldn't be worse than stock right?

Thanks in advance for any input.

(Please don't post if all you are going to say is to get Hawk HPS pads, they are more agressive than I need and more than I am looking to spend.)

Thanks for the reply.

I found the Power Stop Z16 Ceramics at $25 for the front set, so I was debating on taking a chance at them.

Hawks are about $65/set.

I have had Axxis Ultimates on my other car and really liked them but they will also run about $65/set. And I am now running MetalMasters on that same car and they are OK, very dusty and had fade but the Ultimates were much better with no fade.

I will check in to the SP Performance pads.

That's really cheap

That means they are just AutoZone pads -

They are going to work -

I'm about to put the SP's on the front of my Legacy wagon - it has some kind of no name crap on there now. The brakes kinda scare me compared to my WRX - I always havbe to remind myself when driving to leave room.

I'll be installing them asap - I'll post up

They are in between the 2 prices you listed -about $90 for front and rear for my fitment

They are really cheap because they are on clearance. List price is $55. Sale price is $28. (could be a marketing ploy though)

Are the SP pads metallic/organic or ceramic?

Let me know how the SPs are. I will consider them if you like them.

I forgot to add, my only experience with the Hawk HPS (might have even been the Carbon Ferro pads) was on my wife's 2001 GMC Jimmy in which case the switch to the upgrade pads were so touchy compared to stock pads that we had to be careful not to plant ourselves against the dash when coming to a typical stop.

Archived