LegacyGT.com

05 leg vs Saab 93 aero

Just wondering what the 0-60's are on the 93 210 hp turbo.... i test drove it today and loved it it was comfortable and everything, just diffrent then the leg.... cant explain... post info here please!

:p. I don't know how you can get many "opinions" on 0-60, but if you want an opinion on the Saab, I will say that I really like the sedan. Its styling is very sharp and catchy. I would consider it, but it's FWD. I haven't test driven it, so I can't give comparison statistics. So far on this site, no one has ever "raced" a Saab, either.
-ben

I had a 9-3 Viggen for about 3 yrs and it is considerably faster than the new 9-3 Aero. The Legy feels nearly as fast in every situation and handles as well if not better...and mine is a wagon. Cars are all about feel and what you like, not 0-60 or skidpad. If you buy one on that you'll be disappointed. But, if you still want #'s the Legy will run to sixty in the high 5's, while the Aero is a low to mid 6 second car...until it rains or snows :) Brian

thanks guys, i guess i am looking at the wrong things, liek the speed its just that the aero has 210 hp and the leggy is 250 awd! there both nice i really have no idea anymore! i wish i could combine the two i really want to know if i can import a jdm kit and put on the usdm leggy i think that would clinch the deal for me truthfully i knowi sohuldnt be looking for looks but to beat the saabs styling i need a kit on the leggy and itwould look killer like the one on kingofimports site the white one thanks again -alex

I think the key difference between Saab and Scoobie is reliability. Both Saab and Scoob have very reliable engines/transmissions, but Saab falls apart when it comes to the other features. If you are doing a lease or only plan on owning a Saab for the short term you are great, otherwise you are in a money pit. Don't get me wrong, I love Saabs, they are freakin' awesome. Test drive one!!! But in the long term, Scoob is definitely the way to go.
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

[quote name='Alex1']Just wondering what the 0-60's are on the 93 210 hp turbo.... i test drove it today and loved it it was comfortable and everything, just diffrent then the leg.... cant explain... post info here please![/QUOTE] You drove both, yet can't explain how they are different? Go drive the SAAB again and think about it (while looking up the 0-60mph times).:lol::lol:

[quote name='Alex1']Just wondering what the 0-60's are on the 93 210 hp turbo.... i test drove it today and loved it it was comfortable and everything, just diffrent then the leg.... cant explain... post info here please![/QUOTE] Sounds like your looking for something very unique yet quick, correct me if I'm wrong. Like a G35 wouldn't be good enough because they're all over the road. I can tell you I drive mine extensively anywhere between south Pa, south NJ, NYC area, and up to Ct. each weekend, and only seen (2) 2.5i's on the road. These LGT's are very rare sights on the road. I've had several gas station attendants question what it is. If power and exterior styling is your calling, then maybe a awd 300C would be a good match. If you can possibly talk your folks into getting you a low $40K car, then go SRT-8 300C - 425 hp and bling styling. - Mike - Mike

lol stg tru tru i realize that now thanks everyone i have thought about it and i really do like the legacy i have some plans for it... including the sti -alike seats made by the company in NY with the blue suede :-d

i was waiting for some friends last saturday in the parking lot of a local golf course to go play. This older guy, probably early 50's, pulls up in the saab 9-2x. He pulls around the front of my car, and parks like 2 spaces over with no one in between. Anyway, gets out, i say "nice saabaru.."...he looks at me funny, then says its a saab, not a subaru. Then kind of with a disgusted look walks away. WHAT AN A$$!. he seemed insulted or ticked off. oh well.... On another note, i do like the hood and front of the saab a thousand times better than the subaru version. The scoop is molded in with the hood, kind of like the LGT, makes it look so much more bad ass i think.

That would have been sooooo funny LMAO, very well done. Great to see someone has used the same as my post above. That guy would have been thinking yeah whatever, all I have to say to that guy is, he is a total Dumba$$. Adam. Saabaru.... LMAO......

I test drove a 04 Saab 9-3 Aero with the Sentronic Auto I personally was not overly impressed.It is a nice looking car handled well,had good brake's but it had a lot of turbo lag especially the Auto.And they can get a little pricey when loaded up.One I drove had an MSRP of a little over 38K and I do not know much about reliability of Saab's.But if I am not mistaked I believe Consumer Report's just rated it one of the least reliable vehicle's in there survey of 04 car's.It's a quirky car i.e. Saab's in general and they dont have a big market share and they are owned by General Motor's. TurboMike04

[quote name='D-2.5-GT']i was waiting for some friends last saturday in the parking lot of a local golf course to go play. This older guy, probably early 50's, pulls up in the saab 9-2x. He pulls around the front of my car, and parks like 2 spaces over with no one in between. Anyway, gets out, i say "nice saabaru.."...he looks at me funny, then says its a saab, not a subaru. Then kind of with a disgusted look walks away. WHAT AN A$$!. he seemed insulted or ticked off. oh well.... On another note, i do like the hood and front of the saab a thousand times better than the subaru version. The scoop is molded in with the hood, kind of like the LGT, makes it look so much more bad ass i think.[/QUOTE] If you really want a reaction, say "Nice Toureg!" to a Porsche Cayenne owner. They are usually knowledgeable enough to know that their cars are built on the same line in Bratislava!:lol:

Archived