LegacyGT.com

Blow-off Valves Anyone?

BoLo

Hey Guys,

Looking into getting blow-off valves for ride...

Anyone here have them installed? Don't know too much about 'em so I thought I'd hit up the forum, once again :)

Can anyone recommend brands/models...how long do they last, how often would I have to replace 'em?

Probably get a forum "slap" for asking this, but how do they work? Do they change the performance of the car at all, void the warranty?

And One More...would anyone suggest them or should I just not bother?

Thanks Guys Again!

no performance advantage unless you are at least stage 2 modified. then it's limited. can help to hold boost at those levels.

waste of money IMO.

anything you add could threaten your warrenty. If you have a big old loud BOV and you go in with an engine problem....depending on dealer they could point the finger at the BOV. Although the are to prove that caused the issue. Your probably ok, but theirs a chance a crappy dealer could make it an issue.

blitz on my car

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcN1hQWEQPE]YouTube - Blitz DD[/ame]

but yeah its only for amusement

:lol:

and your dealer would probably void your warranty if you went in with an engine problem or something

im not worried though, its a really simple install can take it off in 2 minutes

:lol:

and your dealer would probably void your warranty if you went in with an engine problem or something

What do ya think they'd do about this?? :iam::lol:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/SteveISU/102_1025.jpg

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

All I see is half a front mount with a Perrin TMIC...

They would probaly say where's your bumber and who's Marlboro's are these? :lol:

Funny thing is I found the Marlboro's in the bumper. Just happens to be my brand. :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Go with the GFB bov, it seems to be the best in the consensus of the board. GFB=Go Fast Bits, an Australian company. It can go 100% atmospheric (loud swoosh, bad for turbo) 100% recirculation (better for the car but no sound, good for dealership service) and 50/50%, which is a nice compromise of safety and sound. About $230 new. I have one and am very pleased.

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Running 100% vented doesn't have any negative effect on the turbo, it will however cause your car to run rich in between shifts. 50/50 will also cause your car to run a little rich and you wll get the occasional backfire. Even runnig fully recirculated, if you have an intake the BOV will sound. I have a greddy type S recirculated and it is very audible. I had the GFB first but switch to the greddy base on the release sound. The GFB sounds like a Bus and the Greddy sounds like a high pitch whistle.

Infamous, thanks! You are right, you run rich with the atmospheric BOV. It's not necessarily bad for the turbo. There are a couple of different flutes you can get with the GFB, to alter the sound to your preference. Because for 95% of us the BOV is cosmetic, it is really going to depend on your preference. Find some locals with bov's and ask them for a listen. That should help a lot!

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Insight on how to host videos and I could make it happen.

get an account at photobucket.com

or youtube.com

and then upload away!

make sure your video is decently sized.

car for sale. PM me!

Archived