LegacyGT.com

Swift vs Pinks comparision

onesillyracer

I did a quick search and really didnt find anything comparing height and spring rates for both the swift and pink lowering springs. Would anyone have that info to share? I have swifts currently, but have in transit pinks w/bilsteins, so im just trying to find some info. Thanks!

Racecomp (aka GTWORX tuning) recommend Swift. They told me they feel very very similar to Pinks on Bilsteins. Myles has bottomed out his Spec B on Pinks although many others I've spoken to do not have an issue. Given the spring rate the Pinks should be a little more comfortable, but in a performance environment Swifts will be better.

STI Pinks (@$400)

3.9kg/mm F, 5.9kg/mm rear

drop is 15mm all the way around on Bilsteins, although pictures and reviews suggest it's closer to 20mm.

Swifts (@$280)

Specifications:

4F007 MY05 Legacy GT Wagon (BP6)

Drop - F:-25mm, R:-15mm (Bilsteins)

Drop - F:-32mm, R:-25mm (USDM KYB)

Rate - F:4.3kg/mm, R:6.6kg/mm

4F008 MY05 Legacy GT Sedan (BL6)

Check this out....

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59582

• 15 years later...
Racecomp (aka GTWORX tuning) recommend Swift. They told me they feel very very similar to Pinks on Bilsteins. Myles has bottomed out his Spec B on Pinks although many others I've spoken to do not have an issue. Given the spring rate the Pinks should be a little more comfortable, but in a performance environment Swifts will be better.

STI Pinks (@$400)

3.9kg/mm F, 5.9kg/mm rear

drop is 15mm all the way around on Bilsteins, although pictures and reviews suggest it's closer to 20mm.

Swifts (@$280)

Specifications:

4F007 MY05 Legacy GT Wagon (BP6)

4F008 MY05 Legacy GT Sedan (BL6)

Check this out....

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59582

Is there some reason someone is not able to use the Swift wagon (4F007) on a sedan?

I plan to replace the suspension on a 2008 Subaru Legacy GT 5EAT Sedan.

I see that Swift offers the 4F008 Sport Springs for the Sedan and the 4F007 Sport Springs for the Wagon.

Can the 4F007 Sport Springs for the wagon be installed on a Sedan? They appear to be the same spring rate so I'm wondering how longer the 4F008 rear springs are for the wagon and how much higher the Sedan would sit in the rear? Also, are the front springs of the 4F007 and 4F008 the same?

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2022 at 10:49 AM, Polo08816 said:

I plan to replace the suspension on a 2008 Subaru Legacy GT 5EAT Sedan.

I see that Swift offers the 4F008 Sport Springs for the Sedan and the 4F007 Sport Springs for the Wagon.

Can the 4F007 Sport Springs for the wagon be installed on a Sedan? They appear to be the same spring rate so I'm wondering how longer the 4F008 rear springs are for the wagon and how much higher the Sedan would sit in the rear? Also, are the front springs of the 4F007 and 4F008 the same?

The answer is yes - I did it.