LegacyGT.com

Install Help in MD?

frathouse87

Hey guys. Moderately new to the forum. Owned my Legacy for about a month and a half and LOVE IT. However, couldn't help myself and ended up buying a full Megan Racing Exhaust (Headers+TBE), SPT intake, AP 2.0, and Katboy STS w/ frotn and rear bushings! Now I could pay all sorts of crazy money to have these installed, or we can make a fun day out of it ;)

Now I just ordered most of it so idk when I'll be receiving all of it, and I can handle the SPT and AP on my own, but the exhaust and STS I might like some help with if anyone can! I'm mechanically challenged lol

Zac

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this thread, I would be down for something in the middle of May or late May. I am busy for the next couple of weeks. I am getting new tools for my birthday also. :rolleyes:

Torque wrench, metric rachet set, some of the the necessary tools to work on our cars basically.

I'm in, if we can arrange it in advance. I'm in Philly now, but NOVA and SOMD are my stompin' grounds and I love the work. Let's make a plan.

(Hey hutru, we could spend a little time refining the system :) )

I'm in, if we can arrange it in advance. I'm in Philly now, but NOVA and SOMD are my stompin' grounds and I love the work. Let's make a plan.

(Hey hutru, we could spend a little time refining the system :) )

(That would be cool, the rears are still unplugged, there is definitely something crossed...) Btw, the GLI and noise filters helped tremendously, but when I turn on my HIDs, I get some buzz.

I could be down...nothing to install, but I need someone to look at my exhaust. Ever since installing the Perrin CBE (minus Perrin mufflers now) I get this burning smell outside of the car. I am guessing it is a leak somewhere, but I can't figure out from where, what's causing it. No funny noises...I don't know if the exhaust going through stainless steel gives out a different smell than the stock pipes tho.

I could be down...nothing to install, but I need someone to look at my exhaust. Ever since installing the Perrin CBE (minus Perrin mufflers now) I get this burning smell outside of the car. I am guessing it is a leak somewhere, but I can't figure out from where, what's causing it. No funny noises...I don't know if the exhaust going through stainless steel gives out a different smell than the stock pipes tho.

Did you use new OEM gaskets? That is usually the problem.

No...new perrin gaskets. I thought the smell was coming from the donut section, but I have no idea since air is moving around down there I can't pinpoint anything...I was just planning on a good retightening.

When I did my downpipe/uppipe install I used OEM gaskets...not sure if thats your problem, but it could be as simple as torquing the lugnuts

• 2 weeks later...
nope. I did just order tein S techs though and I'm going to put them on with full royal tarmac II's, kuhmo MX's, and Cobb F/R sways all at the same time

Cool, I did Cobb springs with Cobb f/r sways.

* pointer on the Cobb Front Swaybar - It goes on differently from the front OEM sway bar. (underneath the tie rod instead of over the tie rod).

I sent pictures to Cobb Tuning after my swaybar install, because the sway was rubbing the tie rod, and they were like, "Your swaybar is on upside down" "You aren't the first person to do that and definitely will not be the last" :lol:

is that documented in Cobb's instructions? Seems like something that really needs to be pointed out.

I would have to look at the manual. (When I read manuals, I mostly ready the torque settings and tools needed)

It was probably documented by pictures or explained and I just didn't do that. I also had others helping me install and we all agreed it was supposed to go the same way the OEM sway bar went. That just wasn't the case....Its totally fine now that I have flipped it around.

Archived