LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT or WRX???

I want Legacy GT Limited and I have heard great reviews but I also know alot about the WRX. The variety of aftermarket parts its alot better but I was wondering if anyone can give me some specs about each ex. performance, insurance rates, parts, handling and etc. so i can make a decision

All those specs you're asking for are secondary to one thing:

which one you like best.

test drive both. The feel is different enough such that you would be able to tell which one you'll be truly happy with.

car for sale. PM me!

Let me say from experience.

I bought at 2005 WRX 5-speed owned it for 8 months and traded it for a used 2005 Legacy GT Limited. To this day I am glad that I did, the Legacy is a great car, the WRX is a lot of hype and disappointment when it doesn't measure up and you realize you are going to have to invest heavily to make it fast. Yea the Legacy is a little bigger and the WRX is easier to find parts for but IMO the Legacy is a much nicer and much faster car. The parts are out there for it, check out Rallitek they have tons of stuff for it. If you really want a WRX get and STI and you won't be disappointed like I was.

WRX is gonna have less space, slightly slower, but better gas mileage. Are you in the market for a manual transmission or automatic? If youre going automatic I would steer clear of the WRX and go with the GT. However, after driving an older LGT all of these years a WRX will be next car. I like em both.

Ive driven the wrx before but never the legacy. I know the trannys on the wrx are pretty terrible sometimes (ive heard mixed reviews). Hows the gt's tranny? What are some insurance rates. Im only 19 so ny would love to kick my ass when it comes to insurance, especially on the wrx

I had a '04 wrx 5mt wagon and traded in on a '05 LGT LTD 5mt wagon. The LGt is smoother , quieter, more refined, and faster. Stock the LGT is alittle soft. Nothing sway bars can't fix. Don't why much about sticker price you can easily get one in the mid-hi $20k.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

i test drove both before i bought my lgt. i like the lgt better. had better driving postion better shift. good all around comfort. and plent of performance parts.

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

Go for the wrx

It is made in Japan and consists of mostly Japanise parts.

The leggy is full of American crap and has very poor american build quality.

You neer hear the wrx guys complaining so the proof is in the pudding.

I owned a wrx before and it was heavily modfied and made 309 AWHP when it was all said and done. I traded it for the LGT in November and could not have made a better decision in car purchases. But I am heavily modified on the lgt now also

honestly, both are great cars but they serve different purposes. if you want a moddable car, then wrx has more to offer. however, if you don't like spending a fortune on insurance, then the LGT is what you want. also highly moddable to be just as fast or faster, without the ricer boy look and less sideways glances from the cops. i love my LGT, it's classic looks and power it has to offer. we have a new 07 STI that will arrive on Tues for my hubby and though i love the performance, i'm not a fan of the looks. Having said this, if i had another opportunity to get my hands on an 07 STI lmtd, i would grab that up in a heart beat! but still, my LGT Lmtd is nice, powerful, and i don't pay near as much for insurance as i would on just a WRX (not even the STI model). so you need to drive both and see what you like.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived