LegacyGT.com

Hey, i just went to a novice school today and so did my friend. Our first times too. We did also have instructors who rode with us teaching things. Well best I ran was about 46ish. He was able to run a 41. It might be because I have a small comfort zone, but I also have F&R sways, springs, UP, DP and AP. He is totally stock. Oh ya, Eagle F1s

Now, I know he is set up pretty well stock, but isn't Stage 2 with mods pretty decent at Auto-X? However, there was one really well modded STi running about 360 WHP on deadbolt turbo and a huge mod list. He was able to get 39 second (but he said he should have gotten 38 if his tires weren't already gone).

I guess i really should go for wider tires on stock rims as well, and maybe a bit more PSI on the front tires, but was there anything I was doing wrong? (Real big factor still could have been, i tried avoiding squealing tires, while he literally just would slide a bit.

However, there was a oval course teaching about frictional force or something (4 arrows, top saying braking, bottom saying acceleration, and left and right is left and right). The instructor said I did really well (yay), but he drove the Z around the course and got around 38-39 seconds (other instructors said he is really good)

Driver and tires when it comes to autocrossing. Good driver with a stock 1997 Outback with two cylinders missfiring and good tires would be able to beat 95% of the autocrossers out there on pure times alone, nevermind within the class.

Hell, above driver could probably beat 75% of all autocrossers in said Outback with 10 year-old RE92s.

Archived