LegacyGT.com

Windshield Wiper De-Icer!

sde

OMG now THAT is the coolest shit ever! .. I was cleaning off the windshield this morning and saw the defrosters under the blades .. "that's not what i think it is .. " then looked in the manual and sure enough! I don't know how many times I've had to stick my hands outside the car in a snow storm and pull chunks of ice off the blades. I love finding out things that I didn't know I had. :D

Yes, they do come in handy in cold weather. It's a feature that's been in Subarus for a few years now. The only downside is that it's REALLY expensive to replace the windshield due to the heating elements. Ken

that's ok with my, .. my last vehicle ( landrover freelander ) had the heating element for defrosting all through the front windsheild. it was weird. you didn't really notice it after a while, but at first it was like you had thin verticle lines in your vision.

Guest *Jedimaster*
They work really well too- we had frost heavy enough to warrant their use twice so far and you turn them and on like 2 seconds later there's water under them :cool:

yeah, I'm kinda looking forward to using it this winter. The OB is my first awd vehicle...I can't wait til it snows. Previous to this, we had a Q45 with pirelli snow tires which was awesome in the winter. I can't imagine what the outback will be like. Wheeeee!!! Also, MA has a zero deductible no fault glass replacement policy on our auto insurance so I guess that'll come in handy if the windshield ever breaks.

Archived