LegacyGT.com

Gauging interest in folks to be in a car "documentary"

KLackey

Ok. This is the deal.

As stated elsewhere I am currently doing this one year film making program out here and starting at the end of May I am to be shooting my thesis film.

I have this great little comedy written up and ready to shoot but I have been thinking... "Man...I hate seeing crappy car videos that are hard to watch and otherwise uninteresting...if only I had the proper gear to make one of my own"

Then I remembered a fun little fact...at my disposal for my thesis film I have a HD camera, pro sound gear, lights, and other misc. items and I starting thinking...

I should put something together.

So..

I was thinking about doing the universal love for modding cars and talking to people about why they mod their car and what it means to them...but asking all different types. Front wheel drive sport compact owners to RWD exotics and a bit of everything in between.

Of course I would have to include some footage of said cars within the video so I was thinking I have to include my Legacy buddies.

So..thoughts?

Anyone willing to help out.

I of course would supply anyone who helped out with a copy of the final thing.

This won't be a HUGE production but I don't want to make the standard handi-cam out the car window with nothing but wind noise videos either.

Also...shop owners...I'd like to talk to you too.

So just reply if you are interested so I can get an idea of if I can make this work.

I'll hit you up as I get some dates worked out.

I want to try to arrange it as some manner of meet...and just talk to people there and that way folks I'm not currently talking with have something to do.

That's cool Just start a "Meet" thread and everyone will show up. We have around 19 car at the last midnight meet last week.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I might.

I'd like to talk to some shop owners as well just to see their perspective on things.

While I am at it...

if you guys were watching something along the lines of what I would like to make...what would you want to see?

I don't want to bore anything with too much talking.

I want to see more car sounds less music. I hate watching car videos with all music and no car sounds. As long as there is some that is fine.

Agreed. I still think back to that old W1 video clip for the Espelir JGT500 exhaust, and all I can remember from it is the oontz-oontz-oontz music drowning out the sound of it.

-Mike

Archived