LegacyGT.com

Found and got rid of the passenger side B pillar rattle *pics inside*

If you know what I'm talking about, you'll be happy to hear that I found it and solved it in 2 easy steps.

What's causing the rattle is the passenger's belt height adjustment plastic thignie on the B pillar that moves up and down when the car rolls on a bump or in a pothole.

The solution to that is simple (sorry for the crappy pics):

1: Slide the belt height adjustor to it's highest position and insert the belt buckle's tip in the crack like in the pic:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h228/strabismo/step1.jpg

2: Slide the belt height adjustor down as low as possible without forcing it:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h228/strabismo/step2.jpg

This trick completely eliminated the problem for me but think twice before doing it because this might increase the looseness in be belt height adjustor's plastic cover if you put it back to normal after that.

While this may work for you, I'd hardly call it a solution. You're on the right track though. I took the fuzzy side of some adhesive velcro and stuck it to the slider piece below the B-pillar trim.

Same as you, I first moved it as high as it would go, pried the bottom lip open a little, then stuck the velcro down as low as I could get it. I trimmed off anything that peaked up over the lip and haven't heard that rattle since.

ignore him, he'll go away.

While this may work for you, I'd hardly call it a solution. You're on the right track though. I took the fuzzy side of some adhesive velcro and stuck it to the slider piece below the B-pillar trim.

Same as you, I first moved it as high as it would go, pried the bottom lip open a little, then stuck the velcro down as low as I could get it. I trimmed off anything that peaked up over the lip and haven't heard that rattle since.

Do you think you could post some pictures on this thread? Like you, I am not sure I want to knot up the passenger's seat belt as well.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Do you think you could post some pictures on this thread? Like you, I am not sure I want to knot up the passenger's seat belt as well.

Yeah, not going to take pictures of what will like like an otherwise stock passenger side B-pillar.:lol: Just look at the picture above, and where the metal portion of the sear belt buckle is stuck into the trim, that's where I put the velcro, attached to the sliding adjuster itself.

Don't have an '05+, but here is a little photo work going on my understanding of fweasel's post (hope you guys don't mind me using your material).

Hope that helps.

Well done sir. I am hiring you as the official illustrator of my life. The salary is very little, the perks are few, but the lifestyle is glamorous:lol:

Archived