LegacyGT.com

Hanabi Wagon Led Taillight

stransky

• 1 month later...
The lights are still in the box :( I have a fix for them but it requires me to install load resistors. I need to buy 10W 27 Ohm resistor but I have not yet found a good e-shop to order them from. The strange thing is that I have not heard that anyone else than me is having problems with the lights....

The lights are still in the box :( I have a fix for them but it requires me to install load resistors. I need to buy 10W 27 Ohm resistor but I have not yet found a good e-shop to order them from. The strange thing is that I have not heard that anyone else than me is having problems with the lights....

Well according to their website they're saying there's a chance for the illumination to appear weak if your vehicle is equipped w/ traction control but they do have a "solution kit" for that.

• 1 year later...

Hi Stransky (and everybody),

Do you still have issues with your Hanabi tail lights?

I've got an Euro Outback 3.0R VDC fitted with Hanabi (+VDC Kit) and everything is working fine. No power loss, no Cruise control disabled.

Let me know if i can help.

Hi Stransky (and everybody),

Do you still have issues with your Hanabi tail lights?

I've got an Euro Outback 3.0R VDC fitted with Hanabi (+VDC Kit) and everything is working fine. No power loss, no Cruise control disabled.

Let me know if i can help.

I gave up and sold them. Interesting that your lights work but do you have automatic transmission as I have?

I gave up and sold them. Interesting that your lights work but do you have automatic transmission as I have?

Yes i have an automatique transmission.

But with the 3.0R engine, it's a 5 speed Sportshift.

Models with the 2.5 and 2.0R engine can also have the Sportshift tranny but with only 4 speed. Dont know if it make a difference.

Yes i have an automatique transmission.

But with the 3.0R engine, it's a 5 speed Sportshift.

Models with the 2.5 and 2.0R engine can also have the Sportshift tranny but with only 4 speed. Dont know if it make a difference.

Hmmm... did you disconnect your battery before installing the lights? Cause I didn't and I have been thinking if that could have done any difference. Now its too late to try cause they are sold. I am now looking for JDM facelift taillights 07+ but they are so expensive.

Hmmm... did you disconnect your battery before installing the lights? Cause I didn't and I have been thinking if that could have done any difference. Now its too late to try cause they are sold. I am now looking for JDM facelift taillights 07+ but they are so expensive.

Yes, the battery was disconnected cause i dont wanna burn something or be injured. :lol:

I put the VDC kit (a simple resistor) on the left light.

On every images i saw on japanese websites, the kit was installed on the right. With everything inverted on european cars (including the tail fog light and reverse light), i have thinked that it can be a good idea. But maybe it's not important.

Yes, the battery was disconnected cause i dont wanna burn something or be injured. :lol:

I put the VDC kit (a simple resistor) on the left light.

On every images i saw on japanese websites, the kit was installed on the right. With everything inverted on european cars (including the tail fog light and reverse light), i have thinked that it can be a good idea. But maybe it's not important.

I installed the kit on the right side. Have you tried your car without the vdc kit installed?

• 2 years later...

Hey guys , just wondering if any one came up with a fix ?

I'm in the same situation - installed led tail light and now cruise

Control simply won't set. Works fine with builds , chuck. In the led tail

lights and cruise will not set. The cars an 05 wagon manual if it makes any

difference , I have tried resistors which seemed to do nothing at all.

The led plug that goes to the bulb socket only has 3 contacts where the standard bulbs have 4 contact points.

Perhaps the resistor wiring is wrong but I seem to doubt it , the resistors are 21 watt 8ohms - 1 per tail light was tapped in.

Any help would be great , I'm contemplating just going back to bulbs but really like the look of LEDs

Hey guys , just wondering if any one came up with a fix ?

I'm in the same situation - installed led tail light and now cruise

Control simply won't set. Works fine with builds , chuck. In the led tail

lights and cruise will not set. The cars an 05 wagon manual if it makes any

difference , I have tried resistors which seemed to do nothing at all.

The led plug that goes to the bulb socket only has 3 contacts where the standard bulbs have 4 contact points.

Perhaps the resistor wiring is wrong but I seem to doubt it , the resistors are 21 watt 8ohms - 1 per tail light was tapped in.

Any help would be great , I'm contemplating just going back to bulbs but really like the look of LEDs

Sorry, can really help because the car was sold one year ago.

But never have any problems with this lights.

The VDC kit resistor (furnished by the seller) was put only on the LEFT side (because Euro LHD Car).

Don't have any idea about the watt or Ohm involved within the resistor.

I only have a blurry pic of the resistor taped on the original wires.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/img0379j.jpg/

The resistor (the thing in my hand) have two wires, red and red/black.

The car have three wires for the socket.

Green, Green/White and Black.

I put (resistor --> car)

Red --> Green

Red/Black --> Black

The Green/White wire on the car was NOT taped.

Hope this helps.

Tuco

Note: Today, i Have a 07 Euro Outback with Valenti Lights.

Pretty happy with them, they are full led, including the turn signals.

No need to ad a resistor, but you have to change the turn signal relay.

Hi Pete,

You're Welcome!

At the time i spend a whole sunday trying to translate the japanese color code info sheet furnished with the lights... in Google! Typing Kanji was a real pain! :lol:

Glad it works for you!

Tuco

Cruise controls frequently seek a ground through the filament of one or both brake lights. Since LED's are diodes, the cruise can't find a ground. By installing an additional resistor in parallel with the brake light, the cruise can find ground through it and will work right. The resistance isn't that important but you need to make sure that the wattage matches. For instance, if you want to use a 100 ohm resistor, it will pull 0.138 amps (13.8 v/100ohms = 0.138) and the wattage needs to be 1.9044 watts (13.8 v X 0.138 amps = 1.9044). So find at least a 2 watt resistor. You can also call us at Watson's StreetWorks if you need more help.

Archived