LegacyGT.com

Impressions of the new 3.0 Motor

eddiemoney

The 3.0L is really pointless is my opinion. Might as well get the 2.5L turbo since the fuel economy is the same and both require premium gas. The turbo has more power, but is not as smooth.

You just said why the 3.0 is an option....it's smooth. The 2.5T is about as smooth as a square wheel. Alot of people don't like that....

hmm...i think the 2.5T just isn't smooth for people who don't know how to drive. :p

Clutch fully engaged and car rolling smoothly? Check.

Smooth application of the throttle? Check

Car bucking like mad anyway? Check :spin:

I know how to drive it smooth, but you have to go out of your way to do it. But I've still had a couple occasions where my wife turns to me and asks "what was that?".

(edit)

I should add though, I've also been told on many occasions just how smooth it is. People seem surprised to be in a manual transmission car that can be driven with no 'shift shock'.

hmm...i think the 2.5T just isn't smooth for people who don't know how to drive. :p

Oh I see...so when I'm going at a constant speed at 2500rpm, decide I need to acc MILDLY so I add some light thottle and as I pass 2800-3000rpm it bucks and jerks 2 or 3 times, I just don't know how to drive. Good point, thanks for the input.

Hybrids have a tough time paying off how much extra they cost in gas mileage, do some searching you will see what I mean. The hybrid cost 2K - 4K more typically; even at today's rates thats over 1000 gallons of gas; so well over 25,000 miles extra you would have to drive before its paid off, and by that time you have depreciated too far anyway, so the hybrid would pull another $200 than the non hybrid, so what.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for directing me to this thread, Eddie... I wonder who the first one to actually drive one of these babies home will be... I had my deposit ready but no clue as to when it will be importable to Canada

Archived