LegacyGT.com

GT same suspension as regular Legacy?

Beanboy

So Subaru tosses on bigger brakes, wheels/tires, quicker ratio steering, more power engine, heavy-duty transmission...but doesn't tighten up the suspension at all? Booo. Beats the Forester XT I guess, hehe. I did some searching as well, and couldn't find anything on the suspension differences. Now I'm not complaining, I actually like the ride, but something a touch firmer to work with the new wheels/tires might have been nice. Perhaps a 2006/2007 model year addition? -B

While I'm not sure one way or the other if they have upgrades to the suspension or not, in many cases cars stepping from a 2.5i to a 2.5GT status would have such things as revised dampers and spring rates possible as well as sway bars possibly. Possibly. But it's possible that some of that hardware is the same. I'd have to drive a 2.5i to really get a good picture on that however. So don't write it off before we really know. I will tell you that upgrading tires from RE92's feels to make a nice bit of difference and in itself running higher pressures makes a good difference alone.

I always believed the suspension is the same. Which is why the spec B was offered in Japan, for those after a sportier ride. I know the Forester XT shares it's suspension with the regular X model and doesnt the WRX share its suspension with the 2.5 RS?

[quote name='eatV8']I always believed the suspension is the same. Which is why the spec B was offered in Japan, for those after a sportier ride. I know the Forester XT shares it's suspension with the regular X model and doesnt the WRX share its suspension with the 2.5 RS?[/QUOTE]But in Japan, there is a difference between the suspensions for the Legacy, the GT, and the GT Spec B. The GT and GT Spec B both get Bilstein suspensions. They are just tuned differently. The regular Legacy doesn't get Bilsteins. Here, there is nothing I've read or seen that leads me to believe that a USDM Legacy sedan and GT sedan would have different suspensions. From the looks of it, we [i]might[/i] get the JDM Legacy suspension.

My guess is that there is a difference in the 2.5i and the GT.. I am going to look at the 2.5i rear sway bar sizing.. that will give me an indication to see if the shocks might be different as well.. nothing like looking at the stamped part number on the shock.. that would solve everyone's curiosity (sp). Keefe
Keefe

The GT comes with aluminum front and rear arms instead of stamped steel, and bilstein shocks and uprated springs - everywhere except in the USA. Then again our engine is half a liter larger than anywhere else, and the USDM Legacy GT is a performance bargain. It apparenly handles very well whether or not the suspension is different than the base model.

Archived