LegacyGT.com

"Dealer Forum"

What about setting up a "Dealer Forum" that would allow for comments and even rankings that would highlight the exemplory aspects, and pitfalls, of each known dealer (service, sales, price, etc.). We could narrow down the acceptable dealers and have tighter communications on the subject.

I mean I'd drive an hour to spend my $30k+ properly, and have some assurance that, on good word, it's legit. I'd drive it for knowingly proper maintenance too.

(I've only been around the boards for short spell now, so forgive me if this is already somewhere I haven't been yet.)

It would be nice to have a dedicated place to review dealers and their service departments. Not sure it would happen though. I would think it would get too political.

There is an old truth in business:

"Treat someone right and they'll tell two of their friends........Screw sombody and they'll tell everybody they meet on the street."

Reputation is important and if their doing a good job then they deserve to be recognized, if not, they need to step-up their game or fall by the wayside (it's natural order). I think a forum would make determining which is which more black and white, and help the community.

Anyway, I for one would be pissed if I got screwed by a dealer and then found out that everyone else already knew they were shady.

(Just throwin' it out there :) .)

There is an old truth in business:

"Treat someone right and they'll tell two of their friends........Screw sombody and they'll tell everybody they meet on the street."

This is absolutely true. That's why I don't really trust user based review sites (such as resellerratings.com). Everybody and their mother will go yell on the mountain about something that came 2 days late and give the company a 1 out of 10 but very few actually tell of their positive experiences.

With that being said I used such reviews to spot trends. If there are consistent complaints (i.e. the item showed in stock but really wasn't) that's when you find a different vendor.

Having a dealer review forum would be fantastic but I could see a dealer lawyering up against this site and those posting if they don't like what they see.

Having a dealer review forum would be fantastic but I could see a dealer lawyering up against this site and those posting if they don't like what they see.

Granted, but isn't that what free enterprise and speech are about? The good ones would be happy (and rightfully so) and the bad ones could throw a hissy all they want. But if there is justification to critical remarks then shying away from it before even attempting it would give them a strangle-hold and basically say "OK, keep sucking and we'll sit here and take it."

I can see what you mean about it possibly getting out of hand, but (in this instance) I don't think that that possible extreme should justify not creating a forum for discussion.

Thanks guys, a thread in pre-purchase is good, but sifting through can be tough if it gets too long and I don't think people will look there for service or parts on existing cars.

I just think easily accessible dealer info would be cool.

What about a sticky in each of the regional forums?

Do we have anything here administrators or should we just stop talking about it? It would be nice to have a dedicated place to review dealers on sales and service. In the regional forums is a good idea but if a dealer turns out to have a great rep then maybe somebody in New England would want to purchase from from a dealer in Virginia (or something like that). Maybe a global sub-form where users would start threads with the name of the dealer and location in a specific format to make it easily search able.

Beats me, I'm no vBulletin admin...

^^^^What he said. Are we just spinning our wheels here? (pun intended)

I think it would be a very useful tool, people would dig it, and the community would benefit. But, then again, I'm no admin either......

^^^^OOOOOH, There it is.......that works, but it is kind-of hidden. Would it be difficult to shift it to a more active section of the site (like in the forums).

(Not to sound ungrateful for all the wonderful work the providers of this site are doing.)

You can feel free to tell me to shut-up at anytime :).

Don't I feel like a n00b.

Honestly, I never paid any attention to that little reviews link at the top. I didn't think it was used. I wouldn't call it buried but I never go in through the main page, I just have the main forum page bookmarked. It doesn't look like there are any dealers from around my area reviewed. Also, it seems kind of cumbersome to use.

IMHO people will be much more inclined to comment on a dealer experience if it were part of an informal review system set up as threads in the forum proper. They are much too lazy to figure out how to enter a review in a separate section of the site.

Don't I feel like a n00b.

Honestly, I never paid any attention to that little reviews link at the top. I didn't think it was used. I wouldn't call it buried but I never go in through the main page, I just have the main forum page bookmarked. It doesn't look like there are any dealers from around my area reviewed. Also, it seems kind of cumbersome to use.

IMHO people will be much more inclined to comment on a dealer experience if it were part of an informal review system set up as threads in the forum proper. They are much too lazy to figure out how to enter a review in a separate section of the site.

:whore:

Sorry, we're not going to place stickies for reviews in every forum. We have too many stickies as it is and adding more just dilutes them and ensures people won't bother just as much.

I also don't see any issues with permissions, so I don't know why you can't add a review, we have new ones added all the time.

Dealers specifically should be a regional thing. Talk to people in your area, search the regional forum, and get answers from other members.

As far as being cumbersome, it's the best review software I could find with VB integration, if you have found something better, please let me know.

Archived