LegacyGT.com

beige leather treatment?

I use this on my charcoal, but other guys use on taupe.

Wolfgang's leather conditioner and cleaner. FTW. Awesome results, and smells great too.

I prefer over lexol.

actually, what do kinds of cloths do you use for the leather? terry? microfiber?

I used Meguiars Gold Class leather cleaner/conditioner. Seemed to work pretty good. My seats weren't very dirty but I wanted to get them conditioned before the summer hit. Used a microfiber cloth to apply and just flipped it to buff.

Yes we do care. If it gets in the perforations of the seat then you will be left with white specs all over the place. You have to be careful when applying it over those areas. I just make sure the bulk of the product is applied on the solid leather and then I wipe down the perforated leather when there isn't much product left on the applicator.

Another good leather product is Poorboy's Leather Stuff. It's a gel and doesn't cause the problems with perforated leather that some of the other conditioners can cause. It isn't as great of a conditioner as the Wolfgang, but it does the trick. it's certianly a great cleaner. Here is a little before/after shot of some messed up grey leather in an Escalade.

http://www.ocdetails.com/assets/images/LeatherBeforeAfter.jpg

Beige and other light colored leathers are a pain in the ass to clean. If you clean one spot then you pretty much have to clean the whole area because you leave a clean spot. That is why I'll never have light colored leather in my car ever. It is just way too high maintanance. Black leather is going to technically get just as dirty, but at least you can't see it as badly when you miss a spot while cleaning it. Black leather doesn't get dingy looking like light grey and beige and white leather do. It's just personal preference I guess.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 2 weeks later...

OCDetails, how do you get leather clean like that? Do you just put cleaner on a cloth and rub it by hand until clean and then condition or do you use something else? My brother's millenia has gray leather so I'd like to try and clean it?

Anyway, is Mother's cleaner and conditioner a good product? Will it clean leather like that in your pic?

Thanks!

With that leather I had to pretty much clean it with a toothbrush. They make leather brushes that you can use though. I just didn't happen to have mine with me. Leather Stuff is a gel and it works well when applied by brush.

I haven't used the Mother's cleaner before. I'll have to give it a shot and pit it against some of the better ones I've used so I can rank it.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Might be a stupid question, but, what kind of toothbrush do you use? Soft, medium or hard? :lol: Now seriously, I can't see me brushing my leather with a really hard toothbrush since LGT leather is really soft and I think it would damage it.

Thanks for the info, you're a big help!

For LGT leather I would just stick with medium. I used a Reach tooth brush with the tounge scraper thing on the back. It does a great job. It is where all my tooth brushes go when they retire. ;) The easiest way to use it is the exact same way you are suppose to brush your teeth. Just use small circles and cover the whole area. If you scrub back and forth then you are going to miss spots and you will certianly leave stripes in the leather. Go in small circles and you'll get every square inch.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Yup. You have to remember that most automotive leather is coated and lightly dyed. If you scrub too hard then you risk taking the color right off the leather. It isn't a really strong risk, but it is always there. Just scrub lightly and know that the circular motions and the product will do the work for you.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived