LegacyGT.com

Harman Kardon Drive + Play 2

boora

I have been looking at this product for a month. Looks very sweet. I like the color display, the controller and the ability to apparently use bluetooth for your cell. I dont know of anyone that had the older generation to know if it is well made. It is pricey but if it can do all it promises it can; it might not be a terrible deal.

Is anyone else eyeing this and planning on purchasing it... thoughts on how to install the display screen and use the mobile controller?

I believe it comes out at the end of the month...

looks amazing. might have to look into this. it'll make navigating songs and stuff much easier, and i can just stow away my ipod. but i've heard the price is really steep ($400ish), so I'm not sure my wallet will be able to justify it..

looks fantastic. is that the ProClip mount? those are pricey, but look like they work well. the one i want will end up costing 90bucks for the device holder and the mounting system!

do you have a picture of how you routed the cable out? looks like you squeezed it through the side trim..

looks fantastic. is that the ProClip mount? those are pricey, but look like they work well. the one i want will end up costing 90bucks for the device holder and the mounting system!

do you have a picture of how you routed the cable out? looks like you squeezed it through the side trim..

yup. i only need the one mount so it was about $60 but i works so well a week later you forget the cost.

i used a Dremel and notched the trim piece if by chance you screw it up your only out that one piece. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Threw it ouT??????

with store discounts at Best Buy and a sale on the HK it cost me $65 with the FM modulator. i put the whole thing in the car and it sounded just like all the other crap/transmitters/modulators i tried before. together with the screen that looked like another rear view mirror on the windshield and a thumb control it was just to "busy" for my liking then i was turned on to the David Navone charger and the Proclip. i threw it out b/c i would never use it again and did not want to look at it for the next 10 years and think why am i keeping this. :lol: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

• 1 year later...

the original one is only $25 bucks now....

any thoughts?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-DP-1US-Controller/dp/B000BT97UO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1225123607&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Harman Kardon DP 1US Drive and Play In-Vehicle Interface and Controller: Electronics[/ame]

there's a reason why it's "only" now it didn't sell the first time so now they're basically trying to give them away. good luck.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

It works reasonably well. Just don't use the FM modulator and you'll be happy.

I find it funny that you don't like the controller bosco...I mean, it emulates the ipod click wheel almost perfectly.

There are some things that annoy me. For example, you can't change the EQ settings and when you browse by artist there doesn't seem to be an option to play all songs by said artist, just songs from a given album. But these are minor quibbles. The unit is certainly worth $30-$60. Not worth the $200+ they were new.

I wanted to get the new version but I just wouldn't shell out the money for it.

Archived