LegacyGT.com

Just ordered 08 Suby

Just got home from the stealership. Ordered a diamond gray 08 Outback XT man trans. Got a so so deal on it. Hard to deal though, because it was an order and there is only one suby dealership in anchorage. I like the new look but the 08 XT wheels are UGLY!! Might need to change them quick. Curious how the SI drive works. They had one 08 xt auto on the lot. sat in it and played with the SI drive, couldn't get it to go into sport sharp. Also noticed engine was cold and there was a blue light on below the engine temp gauge. These related? I miss my 06 xt so I am excited to get back into a suby.

SI works well in my 2007 spec.B. The blue light signals that you should drive in the I-mode, not in the S or in the S# mode. When the engine is warm enough, the blue light is extinguished and you can then rev the engine freely.

SI works well in my 2007 spec.B. The blue light signals that you should drive in the I-mode, not in the S or in the S# mode. When the engine is warm enough, the blue light is extinguished and you can then rev the engine freely.

S is fine as well when the light is on.

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

Just got home from the stealership. Ordered a diamond gray 08 Outback XT man trans. Got a so so deal on it. Hard to deal though, because it was an order and there is only one suby dealership in anchorage. I like the new look but the 08 XT wheels are UGLY!! Might need to change them quick. Curious how the SI drive works. They had one 08 xt auto on the lot. sat in it and played with the SI drive, couldn't get it to go into sport sharp. Also noticed engine was cold and there was a blue light on below the engine temp gauge. These related? I miss my 06 xt so I am excited to get back into a suby.

yes. pretty much directly. if it is in s# when you turn off the car it will not be there on restart. just a weird quirck.

S will turn on when first started though. i is damn crazy on a cold engine. feels like s# untill it's warmed up.

the blue light is just giving a basic warm up reading. as soon as it cuts out you can drop into any mode you want. you can also change it like changing tracks on a cd. you can be railing the gas in i mode and go to s# then hold on. pretty cool thing imo. glad i have it. on my 07 the i rpm limit is 5500rpms.

Shoulda waited a little, I'm always surprised how much I can talk them down on a brand new Subaru....seems like Subaru dealerships always have alot of room to move even with current model years. (you might disagree just seems to be the case on the 3 new Subarus that I've owned)

Archived