LegacyGT.com

Quotes???

BDII

“It’s not up to me to decide what activists should protest, but after years of dealing with the realities of street violence, I don’t understand how a movement called “Black Lives Matter” can ignore the leading cause of death among young black men in the U.S., which is homicide by their peers.”

– Edward Conlon

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

As an engineer I find this hilarious..... because one problem exists this most negate or supersede any other issue. Police brutality is a separate issue to black on black violence. Two issues, two problems, two solutions one doesn't supersede the other. Shit, police brutality is an easer problem to fix. I'd call it low hanging fruit...it's f'ckn astounding how some would say because police have been killing black foke for decades but don't look at that cause inner city violence. Edited by 700watts

As an engineer I find this hilarious..... because one problem exists this most negate or supersede any other issue. Police brutality is a separate issue to black on black violence. Two issues, two problems, two solutions one doesn't supersede the other. Shit, police brutality is an easer problem to fix. I'd call it low hanging fruit...it's f'ckn astounding how some would say because police have been killing black foke for decades but don't look at that cause inner city violence.

The issue with police is more than just outright brutality.

Policemen overstep the bounds regularly, large and small oversteps, and their departments/unions don't do shit about it.

Example:

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/09/08/man-ticketed-for-broken-windshield-while-trying-to-fix-it/71866074/

Guy's windshield gets broken by vandals. He's on his was to his appointment at the glass repair place. Is literally pulled over in the lot of the glass repair place. The business owner is outside awaiting the appointment. The cop still writes a ticket. And the department issues a statement saying ticketing officers have "discretion."

A perfect example of the blue wall of silence, which, eventually, leads to police brutality.

"Our Earth is degenerate in these later days; there are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end; bribery and corruption are common; children no longer obey their parents; every man wants to write a book and the end of the world is evidently approaching."

— Inscription on an Assyrian clay tablet, circa 2800 B.C.E

453747.png

You can't have a war on terrorism because that's not an actual enemy. It's abstract. It's like having a war on dandruff. That war would be eternal and pointless. It's idiotic.

That's not a war. It's a slogan. It's a lie. It's advertising, which is the only art form we ever invented in America [sic- Jazz/Blues]. And we use it to sell soap, wars, and presidential candidates in the same fashion.

--Gore Vidal

Yeah - the same man who saw himself as the "Shadow President" and stated, unequivocally:

"“There is not one human problem that could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise.” -- Gore Vidal

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -