LegacyGT.com

Quotes???

BDII

"The Americans think they are outsourcing design and manufacturing to Taiwan, so that they can focus on the most profitable part of the business. The Taiwanese see themselves outsourcing the sales and marketing to the US, so that they can focus on the most valuable part of the business."

...said the CEO of a well-known Taiwanese electronics company. I'm not at liberty to name names, and I'm paraphrasing, but I felt that the idea was worth sharing.

"People who own guns are essentially a "sickness on our souls" that must be "cleansed. ... Cleansing a sickness from our souls doesn't come easy. It's gruesome..."

-John Morse, Colorado Democratic Legislator

So...owning a gun is like being gay?

Dems in CO are really shooting themselves in the foot lately. Christ almighty.

"I recollected that her eye excelled in brightness, that of any other animal, and that she has no eye-lids—She may therefore be esteemed an emblem of vigilance.—She never begins an attack, nor, when once engaged, ever surrenders: She is therefore an emblem of magnanimity and true courage.—As if anxious to prevent all pretensions of quarreling with her, the weapons with which nature has furnished her, she conceals in the roof of her mouth, so that, to those who are unacquainted with her, she appears to be a most defenseless animal; and even when those weapons are shewn and extended for her defense, they appear weak and contemptible; but their wounds however small, are decisive and fatal:—Conscious of this, she never wounds till she has generously given notice, even to her enemy, and cautioned him against the danger of stepping on her.—Was I wrong, Sir, in thinking this a strong picture of the temper and conduct of America?"

-Benjamin Franklin

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Ben also suggested the proud turkey as our national emblem. The rattlesnake also has it's roots in the "don't tread on me" slogan.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Gah... alright, if you insist on fouling this thread...

It strikes me as ironic when people claim something that they clearly have no idea about is "obvious." Are neural networks also obvious to you?

Funny, out of hundreds of thousands of stolen firearms claims, not one police report references a completed background check left at the scene. :iam:

Yes, because I was the one that fouled this thread... certainly not BDII with his initial idiocy. I find it ironic when people use the word "ironic" who clearly have no idea what it means... You're talking about stolen guns, we're talking about gun sales... if you intend on joining the conversation, please try to actually read/understand the conversation you are "joining".

We really should get back to quotes rather than a debate on gun policy.

Agreed.

From one of my favorite folk artists (and, unfortunately, rumored batterer):

"They said I would shine like the light in city;

I hoped it would be like the moon on the sea."

Tits mcgee

• 2 weeks later...

Life is not a spectator sport. If you're going to spend your whole life in the grandstand just watching what goes on, in my opinion you're wasting your life.

Jackie Robinson

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 2 weeks later...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• 2 weeks later...
"sometimes its easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission" - christopher paolini

Grace Hopper, not the author of Eragon.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard