LegacyGT.com

Autospeed vs. SPT exhaust

frathouse87

Alright, I cannot decide on one or the other and it's driving me mad! My plan is that I already have the panel filter and am getting the AP soon. but I want an exhaust first, only cat-back for now but TBE after my warrenty expires...

Now are the gaskets the same on where they meet the cat? I heard the SPT is a donut gasket and the Autospeed is not? Also that the Autospeed with strictly the catback will net less power than the SPT because of the gasket or something. Also, if I upgrade later and have the SPT, I cant use the Autospeed DP because it wouldn't mate.

I'm just very confused can everyone please clear up all this :lol:

Zac

Some good info to be found in this thread:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53285&highlight=autospeed

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I just didn't like the tips on the Autospeed myself. You may want to buy the Autospeed TBE while it is on sale and just keep the DP in your garage until your warranty is up. Great price right now ($999). :)

I had driveshaft rub issues. I little bit of repositioning the exhaust then retightening combined with some grinding and hammering solved that.

I'm running swift springs, so that may have caused the problem.

The sound of this exhaust is awesome and well worth a little work to get it to fit.

Well I never plan on lowering the car or ever doing any suspension mods...I like the smooth ride to much ;-) But I shouldnt have any issues in that case correct?

Also, are there any power differences between autospeed and lets say megan racing? I've looked at their dyno plots and there netting some crazy gains...

Zac

I got the autospeed tbe installed over the weekend. I have a small exhaust leak I have to track down, so Ill wait to post sound clips until thats fixed. I have no rubbing issues or sway bar issus and im running progressive springs that give you close to a 2in drop. The only fitment problem I ran into was that the left exhaust tailpipe stuck out a little farther then the right, but i was able to tone that down some with some adjusting.

ddavis keep an eye on the piece that is mated to the Y pipe. I had a nasty exhuast leak there and ectually ended up losing a bolt from vibration. I have to get around to getting some vid clips of my setup. I will post some this weekend.

Im running: GT spec wrapped headers/ K &n typhoon/ Autospeed TBE/18gvf40.

Does anyone know which exhaust system will net the most gains? If there is really any big differences...It wouldn't really matter to me since I am in love with the autospeed sound, but Megan Racing is showing some very nice gains with there TBE and stage 2.

Zac

I'm pretty sure both will be around the same ballpark. Autospeed had some nice 1/4 mile plots with theirs. I guess think of it this way, if you want a louder dual tip exhaust go with autospeed, if you want a little quieter quad tip exhaust go with megan.Your biggest gain from performance will be from the stocker to aftermarket.

Archived