LegacyGT.com

Comfortable Seats?

Obsessotron

So I have pretty much bought an (almost) brand new 2007 Legacy GT Limited sight unseen. A family friend that works at a leasing company mentioned that he had a black on black Legacy on his lot with 2,300km (1,430 Miles) for a ridiculously low $33,000 Canadian dollars ($28,600 USD). The quote doesn't sound like an amazing steal to U.S. members, but consider the fact that a new 2007 GT Limited off the lot is roughly $43,000 Canadian and you can see why I just made a snap decision.

I knew a fair amount about Legacy GTs (not a ton) before he gave me that price so when I heard it I just said "I will take it". It is currently in another city but my big question is about driver seat comfort and what you guys/gals think about it overall? Any complaints?

The seat is very comfortable. Just make sure you adjust it correctly for thigh support (I made the mistake of not doing this and it caused me to get angry that I'd bought the car... Then I lifted up on the lever-thing and ... suddenly the seat became wonderfully comfortable).

The seats are softer than I like - but at the same time they are much easier to sit in. I'm used to my Prelude seats, which might as well have been made out of wood (but were also very comfortable somehow) and held you in on tight turns.

With the Legacy GT Limtd seats, I find myself leaning a LOT on sharp turns. A technique to prevent this for me is to just use my left foot to push me back as hard as possible so that I don't go anywhere.

Wow. You hardly know anything about the car and your main concern is the seats? :lol:

Well, I'm sure you could find more comfortable seats as these leave a little something to be desired, but you could probably find much less comfortable seats too.

If you can see past the seats and a few other things that, understandably so, keep this relatively budget minded car out of the true luxury category, such as mediocre fit and finish with a few rattles, then you'll be happy with the second-to-none drivetrain and 250 pretty ponies.

I'm 6'1" and 250lbs with a 50" chest and 38" waist and I love the seats. I really love the high backs and the large head rests that raise up high also. Makes for an almost throne-like seat with good support. They're not Recaro's, but they're stiff and supportive IMHO. Comfortable for trips to Canada, too.

I'm 6'1" and 250lbs with a 50" chest and 38" waist and I love the seats. I really love the high backs and the large head rests that raise up high also. Makes for an almost throne-like seat with good support. They're not Recaro's, but they're stiff and supportive IMHO. Comfortable for trips to Canada, too.

Hey we're about the same size! haha, that makes me feel much better. But who on earth would want to make a trip up to Canada?! ;)

Not a fan of the seats ......... not supportive enough in any direction.

6'2" 175lbs.

I just test drove one and I must say that I really enjoyed the seats, nice firmness and decent bolster. I have never had anything "sporty" in my life though coming off a Toyota Sequoia and a Toyota Avalon, so I am sure seats in more expensive sport sedans would be better.

Not a fan of the seats ......... not supportive enough in any direction.

6'2" 175lbs.

That's because you're built like a praying mantis. What you need are the racing seats made for japanese people that a guy my size can only get one cheek in. :icon_chee

Archived