LegacyGT.com

My LGT vs. My Passat

I've been driving my new LGT Ltd. for the last 6 weeks and have been loving it. I jumped into our '03 5 spd. manual Passat Wagon today to haul a desk to my home office and felt like I was driving a car stuck in molasses. The Passat is fairly underpowered for its heft, but it's definitely a solid comfortable driver. Great on the highway. The contrast, though, between the on-demand thrust of the Legacy and the Passat actually made me laugh when I floored it today getting onto the highway. Just thought I'd share. I'm LOVING this new Legacy. Great car.

Sti_lust-- Congratulations on your new toy. I have a question for you though- What do you think of the interior of your subie v. your passat? VW seems to be the high watermark of interiors right now. anything else you prefer in your passat over your subie? congrats again. --marc

Marc, The interior in the Passat is definitely nice. Overall, it has a very solid feel. It has also held up quite well with a lot of the spilled milk, etc. that comes with toting around a family. The interior of my LGT is great too. It'll take some more time and miles with the car to see how it holds up and if it compares favorably with the durability of the Passat. Aesthetically and functionally, I find the LGT interior to be comfortable and as good as the Passat. The one feature that I do prefer in the LGT over the Passat is the better lighting of the some of the climate controls, etc. Happy driving, Danny

I can feel your pain, I was driving my gf's Honda CR-V a few weekends ago. I kept getting her mad at me cause i was calling her car a slow little piglet. It was horrible. It had no power trying to accelerate at like 70, it was an auto so it kept downshifting on me up to like 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 k rpm. it was horrible. Not to mention it felt like i was driving a huge truck cause i wasn't used to the ride or height anymore. I certainly don't look forward to driving it again. I think i will need to get a ski rack so that we don't have to take her's. Too bad i bought her a rack for her car last year...oh well.

[quote name='sti_lust']I've been driving my new LGT Ltd. for the last 6 weeks and have been loving it. I jumped into our '03 5 spd. manual Passat Wagon today to haul a desk to my home office and felt like I was driving a car stuck in molasses. The Passat is fairly underpowered for its heft, but it's definitely a solid comfortable driver. Great on the highway. The contrast, though, between the on-demand thrust of the Legacy and the Passat actually made me laugh when I floored it today getting onto the highway. Just thought I'd share. I'm LOVING this new Legacy. Great car.[/QUOTE] I had the same experience last week with my wife's 02 Legacy L. It never felt so slow before...

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

• 7 years later...
The wife has been wanting a Passat, the more I read about them though, the more scared I get about the up keep. Test drove one today and saw all kinds of issues. I think I have here convinced to look at the Legacy now.

Holy thread bump Batman :spin:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived