LegacyGT.com

Legacy Videos - Road Course, Drag Strip, Stage Rally...

ZenHooloovoo

I'm looking for video's of the Legacy on track... Drag strips, road courses, rally... you name it post it!

Here's my contribution from Youtube an in-car video at Summit Point Raceway in West Virginia. It's aboot 10min, this is my first attempt at editing video. Enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBext-8xd-8]ZH at Summit Point Raceway[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBext-8xd-8]YouTube - Summit Point Raceway HPDE May 06[/ame]

Note: the tires are squealing cuz they're "Fuzion ZRi". The car now has a set of "Hankook Ventus Z214" and doesn't scream "as much".

Cool vid. Have you ever been to VIR? Nice track.

I'm headed to the local 1/8 drag strip tomorrow for a celebrity race (I'm not a celebrity), and will bring the Legacy. Not sure if I'll be able to get video of it though, as I need a new camcorder battery.

Cool vid. Have you ever been to VIR? Nice track.

I'm headed to the local 1/8 drag strip tomorrow for a celebrity race (I'm not a celebrity), and will bring the Legacy. Not sure if I'll be able to get video of it though, as I need a new camcorder battery.

I was at VIR last weekend (my current camera mounting system wouldn't support it though), I've got some video of the last trip to VIR, I just haven't gone through it yet.

- I'm in the process of building a heavy duty (detachable) camera mount for the car. It mill be ready by Mid Ohio.

The driving action was great. It was better when there was no sound except the car and better still when the engine sound was prevalent. I liked when you put up the "Listen" graphic on the first vid so I actually could hear what was happening as well as seeing it.

• 3 weeks later...
Nice driving. I like your videos. SO... stock shocks and springs and stuff? Only sways, brakes and tires? wow.

Thanks! yep stock suspension, stock calipers and rotors... however I did just put a couple gauges in the car: oil temp and Pressure thanks to CasopoliS.

- Suspension: When I bought the LGT and hit the gas in corners it pushed like nothing I've ever been in "nearly hit a curb on the exit of an intersection". Solution: Perrin 22m front and rear Anit-sway.

- Wheels and Tires: Biggest addition I can feel, less rotating mass. Probably the biggest change to every part of the car: more grip... more fast.

- Brakes: the car weighs 3500+ - Panther Plus Pads, Stainless Lines, high temp fluid.

- by far the biggest thing I've done to go fast is "learn" with NASA-midatlantic. Sure the LGT is as fast as most anything out there, but I'm coming from an Acura Integra (low power, high momentum). I had to learn how to drive a car that weighs another 1000lbs and with AWD. Driver education is the most I've done. ;)

yea, i see you out there quite a bit... how's the car holding up for you nowadays?

Couldn't be happier with the lil girl... with the addition of the Hankook tires all I can say is... wow! it's far better than I could have ever expected. Coilovers are next on my todo list but I've no idea where to start or even if anyone has scales (at a reasonable price). I keep meaning to stop buy but I get side tracked so easily...

• 3 months later...

Here's a video from Mid-Ohio. This was my first time at this track and it is amazing! This is one of the rain sessions. I'll be posting a dry session soon.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bmTyelqw1U]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1352/1242190047_36c6f358e4_m.jpg[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bmTyelqw1U] Youtube [/ame]

Take it easy!

can you explain why cars put tape over the headlights and taillights. I see this at the auto x's i go to sometiems as well. I understand covering the liscense plate and fender wells, but why the headlights and taillights?
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

can you explain why cars put tape over the headlights and taillights. I see this at the auto x's i go to sometiems as well. I understand covering the liscense plate and fender wells, but why the headlights and taillights?

We'll get an expert answer soon but I would think the tape is to protect headlight surfaces and to control tire shredding plastic shards and/or glass from hashing up the race track.

We'll get an expert answer soon but I would think the tape is to protect headlight surfaces and to control tire shredding plastic shards and/or glass from hashing up the race track.

sticky tires kick up a lot of debris from the road, even melted tire pieces on the track gets all balled up and gets flung off the tire.. as the strand of rubber tumbles through the air it starts to cool down and thus turns into a very hard piece of rubber that could dent something in the process.. most of the time, the tire rubber ends up leaving streaks on your car all over the hood and such and without a good wax job, it will take a while to wipe it off.. while metal can be heated to the point where the harden rubber streaks on your hood to remove, heating up the plastic headlight with a heat gun would melt the plastic.

It's just easier to just put tape over those areas and not have to worry about a busted headlight or end up leaving shards of glass all over the track when that happens. It's not mandatory, but it's nice to know that your HID is still intact.. head light housings are expensive to replace.

Keefe

still doesnt make sense they just put an x mark over the light... its not like they cover the whole thing. dunno

people get lazy, in all, you just need enough tape to prevent the glass/plastic from cracking and falling apart all along the track.

Keefe

sticky tires kick up a lot of debris from the road, even melted tire pieces on the track gets all balled up and gets flung off the tire.. as the strand of rubber tumbles through the air it starts to cool down and thus turns into a very hard piece of rubber that could dent something in the process.. most of the time, the tire rubber ends up leaving streaks on your car all over the hood and such and without a good wax job, it will take a while to wipe it off.. while metal can be heated to the point where the harden rubber streaks on your hood to remove, heating up the plastic headlight with a heat gun would melt the plastic.

It's just easier to just put tape over those areas and not have to worry about a busted headlight or end up leaving shards of glass all over the track when that happens. It's not mandatory, but it's nice to know that your HID is still intact.. head light housings are expensive to replace.

Black streaks everywhere... even on the roof! As long as I don't find any marks on the tailgate i'll be happy.

Black streaks everywhere... even on the roof! As long as I don't find any marks on the tailgate i'll be happy.

you're not drifting around the corner enough, hahaha.. oh wait, those are my own tires melting away and being splattered all over my own rear bumper. :lol:

Keefe

That was sweet. I like the overtakes on the vettes:)

They were both from Maryland... I enjoyed that part too...:icon_bigg

you're not drifting around the corner enough, hahaha.. oh wait, those are my own tires melting away and being splattered all over my own rear bumper. :lol:

I'm still learning... I'll try harder next time. "October at Summit Point" :p

• 2 weeks later...

Heres mine at Mosport DDT, nothing too special but thought I'd add it.

[ame=http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-441150259638176485&q=mosport+spec+b&total=1&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0]Legacy GT Spec B @ Mosport DDT Sept/2007[/ame]

All the cars on there were pretty modded, except for the RX8 that passed me :'(

I'm looking for video's of the Legacy on track... Drag strips, road courses, rally... you name it post it!

Here's my contribution from Youtube an in-car video at Summit Point Raceway in West Virginia. It's aboot 10min, this is my first attempt at editing video. Enjoy!

ZH at Summit Point Raceway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBext-8xd-8

Note: the tires are squealing cuz they're "Fuzion ZRi". The car now has a set of "Hankook Ventus Z214" and doesn't scream "as much".

You an old Porsche driver or what. I noticed the twitch ( at the corner entrance) to get the rear end out. SOP for a Porsche. I have always done that.:)

Now if you can just lose the twitch, and enter at a speed that forces the rear to break, you will be in a rarefied atmosphere!!!!!!:eek::eek: Takes "clit":redface:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived