LegacyGT.com

What your favorite things about the legacy?

I could go on and on forever but 1 thing i noticed recently is the headlights at night......they look like no other car on the road and i think that might be why here and there i'll get people high beaming me.

- the feel of the MOMO wheel - from the drivers seat, looking out over the hood at the sexsy molded hood scoop - the new car smell - the fact I can (somewhat) adjust midrange on a stock stereo - the effortless power - the look of the 45 profile tires (I know, they're just crappy Bridgestones...lay off) - how I spent $25,800 and can outperform ego-cars that cost 2-3 times as much - how people are suprised that it's a 5spd (yup, you can actually drive THESE cars) - that TURBO push!!!!!!!

[quote name='squirrel-bait']I love the solid *thunk* when I close the door. What the hell was Car and Driver smoking when they said it sounded cheap? sqrl b8[/QUOTE] Roll your windows down then close the doors. DM's windows are down all the time now that Houston is having nice weather for a change.

I like the fact that I can fit my bike in the back (seats down) and not have to take my front wheel off. Of course the farging baby seat gets in the way... I think I've come to terms with the climate control too. I guess you just have to let it run regardless of whether the A/C indicator is on. I think, like someone else posted before, that the A/C compressor is "active" but not necessarily running. Been cold enough too lately that it stays off completely. Unlike my A4 which always seemed to run the compressor constantly.

frontrangesube, take it to your dealership, have them call SoA if they don't know what it is already. SoA knows about it and has a fix for it already. As for my favorite part, yeah, I can't pin it to any one thing. Whether it's the way the cockpit looks like a jet fighter at night with it's dazzling mix of rich color, or the feeling and assurance when you're literally screaming down backroads or just cruising at 75-80mph on the freeway, or just walking away from it in the parking lot looking back in awe of it. There's just a lot of things that are favorites about this car. Just about every time I get out of it I'm like 'wow, now that's one heck of a car.' It's my very own under the radar rocketship that I can actually afford. Only minus for me right now really is driving it in the city at 25-30mph. It just screams to be unleashed on the backroads!

[quote name='Drift Monkey']Roll your windows down then close the doors. DM's windows are down all the time now that Houston is having nice weather for a change.[/QUOTE] The reason the doors sound bad when the window is partially down is the frameless window. Subaru uses a frameless window because it allows the structure of the body to be stronger, it's a trade-off. There is no way around that but, I don't think C&D should have dinged Subaru on that. The sound of the door closing (when the window is all the way up) is rock solid. Better than any Subie in the past, except for the 900 lb doors on the SVX!

[quote name='Bob N']The reason the doors sound bad when the window is partially down is the frameless window. Subaru uses a frameless window because it allows the structure of the body to be stronger, it's a trade-off. There is no way around that but, I don't think C&D should have dinged Subaru on that. The sound of the door closing (when the window is all the way up) is rock solid. Better than any Subie in the past, except for the 900 lb doors on the SVX![/QUOTE] Dear Bob N, Thanks for bringing that up Bob, but I understand the reasons behind why it sounds that way and the signifigance of this design from a safety standpoint. but I was trying to explain to squirrel-bait why C&D might have marked the Legacy off for that. kthxbye. Sincerely, Teh DM

Frontrange, if your dealership can't figure it out, have them call SoA, they know all about it, it's supposedly some wire connector tapping the chassis. My dealership was stupified too until they called SoA and SoA already knew about it. Then it was a quick fix, changed or mounted the connector and all good. Hope it works out frontrange. :)

Frontrangesubie,I had the exact problem at around 2500 to 3000rpm going up or down.Anyway, it turned out to be two metal fuel lines rubbing together ever so slightly down under the drivers footwell.My mechanic put a rubber grommet between the two lines then reported it to SOA.I would be willing to bet you have the exact same problem I did.

Now that I had the rattle fixed as posted above I think the best part of the car is what is capable of.First, I can go up the snowy,icy hills around here where the majority of other cars cant.Second, I can reasonably fit four people into the car.Third,it is a blast down a windy back road.Fourth,I can pretty much win stop light wars at will.And last but not least it looks damn good.

Archived